It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Merkel 47E 20ga
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

I was at a Cabela's and saw a used 47E on the rack for a little under $3,000

So after looking at prices on the internet I am wondering if Cabela's had a special run of these made just for them? Kind of like the Fausti sxs's. All the prices I see are closer to 4G's unless they have noticeable handling marks which this one did not

Post subject: Re: Merkel 47E 20ga
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

MMS-2 wrote:
I was at a Cabela's and saw a used 47E on the rack for a little under $3,000

So after looking at prices on the internet I am wondering if Cabela's had a special run of these made just for them? Kind of like the Fausti sxs's. All the prices I see are closer to 4G's unless they have noticeable handling marks which this one did not

No. The market for this stuff is about as healthy as real estate prices in places where jobs are hard or impossible to find. European 12ga guns are fairly light so 20ga isn't really worth a premium. Make them an offer if you're interested.