Shotgun Forum banner

Used Guns in Los angeles/OC area

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  eck 
#1 ·
Is there a place with good prices on used guns in so cal ? I live in Orange County and I've been trying to find a place that has some good deals on used guns . I have checked out a number of pawnshops, gunshops , turners . They do have a few used guns but i haven't seen too many good deals or a decent selection. So far they are just slightly cheaper then a brand new gun unless its really beat up .

#2 ·
I live in Orange County as well and it's tough to find what you're looking for around here. I recommend that you take a couple of hours and travel down to El Cajon (west of san diego) and visit the El Cajon Gun Exchange. There is also another store down there on the same street but I can't remember the name of it.

#4 ·
The Stockade and The Fowler Gun Room are owned by the same guy, and they have an awesome selection but terrible prices.

Cameron

#6 ·
The one time I went to the Fowler Gun Room they had an older Asian gentleman there, and he was great. Very patient, showed me like a dozen shotguns, great salesman. At the Stockade it's sort of hit or miss.

stockranger: What's your budget and what are you looking for? I'd be happy to meet up w/ you someplace like Triple B's where you can shoulder a wide variety of shotguns and maybe we can shoot a round or two. I'm still pretty new to shotgunning and so I went through a lot of purchase dilemmas not so long ago, so maybe I can help?

Cameron

#8 ·
well I'm looking for all sorts of guns ! just don't tell my g/f! lol my budget is about 400 but i'm really hopeing for a gun for around 200-250.a new express can be had for 220 ..I would maybe spend as much as 400 if i just found something that was a fantastic deal that i really liked but then my g/f will complain i didn't get her a tiffanys necklace for about the same price lol . I also don't shoot very often right now.

Right now i'm looking for a used wingmaster for my first shotgun but might end up with an express if i can't find the right wingmaster. I have only fired a shotgun a few times and know only a few people that shoot . It would be cool to meet up and shoot , i could use some help i'm sure. this shotgun is the only gun i can afford for atleast a year or two .. where is this triple b's i keep reading about ?

if i continue with shooting sports i might possibly buy a number of different rimfire guns.... what i really want to come across are some combo guns like a savage 24 in 12guage over 22mag, 22 hornet, or 17hmr .or a 20 *****/22 LR ... a springfieald version or something would also be groovey.

#9 ·
Triple B's is in Rosemead, off the 60 freeway at the Rosemead Blvd. exit. The website is www.triplebclays.com .

Sounds like you are in the market for a pump. I particularily like the Benelli Supernova, but you can't go wrong w/ an 870, that's for sure.

Whereabouts are you located?

Cameron

#10 ·
I'm in garden grove , where the 605 and 405 meet .

yeah i am in the market for a pump and would like to shoot a 870 and benelli nova to compare. the benelli nova price is kind of high and also it is so ugly i can barely stand to look at it . if I found myself hitting more clays with a nova then i could care less about how it looks.

#11 ·
stockranger said:
I have been to both stockade and fowler but the sales people are jerks and their prices suck too. so far 99 percent of gun sales people are snobs to a newbie like me or they are some idiot who knows less about guns then i do .
I have to agree I do my best not to deal with them since old man fowler died years ago it's the wife I believe or two sisters that run it now and it seems that they listen a little to much to the idiots selling guns for them, I think I had this discussion with someone else about this before they have a serious attitude especially the guy with the bad tupe at fowlers little wiesel looking guy about 50 with dark hair hes a jerk.
And besides everything in the store is about 65-100 bucks more than anywhere else. a great place to give someone advise to look around but that's all I tell them, go buy it at or have you're gun gun shop get it for you it's not worth their attitude, like you said maybe you have a few questions or for that matter maybe you don't quite no about something
they have the patience of a little 4 year old fishing It's a bad subject with me and I don't like to see anyone give them a dime sorry but I am Anti Fowlers and Stockade. {V*

#13 ·
Born2

I agree I have to say they have quite a selection but really I don't know how you're experiences have been with them but I learned a long time ago with them and I don't forget.
It may seem petty on my part but I don't part with my money when service sucks. Really they have the you don't have to shop here if you dont want to attitude and I don't have too.

Anyway let's talk chuker, are you going back to the Barstow area, I'm going to go out to the east hemet area Sunday with a new Polaris Ranger my buddies let you know how it goes.

#14 ·
The only thing I have bought for them was shells and reloading supplys. one thing i do hate about them is there old school registers.
And I went out earlier today around 2 is when I was in the field
It took me a long time to find a covey and this time they were in the flats. The only way I found them was I almost steped on a rattle snake so I blew his head off and a covey of 25 flushed around 40 yards away with my last 2 shots I put 2 birds down and saw where the rest landed chased them all the way up hill and missed the easyest pair I will ever see. I did get a few more far shots but was to tired to chase them up another mountian.

#15 ·
the stockade is so crappy that i called to check if they had any .22 LR cci subsonic hollow points . they are real hard to find . The jerk on teh phone told me "WE DON'T SELL AMMUNITION." He just didn't want to take a look cuz it doesn't pay for him ! I knew the have a huge selection of ammo and when i went there sure enough they had the subsonic HP . i did buy the ammo but i'm not going back for anyuthing but that !

#16 ·
Sorry your experience there was so bad. I've actually been treated pretty well the few times I went, but I haven't gone in awhile. No reason to. I either reload my own ammo or buy it at Wal-Mart now.

Cameron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.