CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rabbit hunting in Utah
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:40 pm 
Many places, thriving with rabbits are in Utah. However I prefer to hunt southwest of utah lake, where do you go? do you have any suggestions? What weapons to use? anything. Post it here :)

Post subject: Re: Rabbit hunting in Utah
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:54 pm 
Field Grade

My brothers and I hunt in basicly the same area. On ocasion we head down past Eureka. Seems to be a lot of Jacks out there this year.

Gunner45

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey Cryptonic,
Could you provide a little more detail about where you go southwest of Utah lake? I use to go out past eagle mountain, just past Cedar Fort, but all the signs now say shooting is prohibited, and I think the Utah lake area is the next closest are to go.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:56 am 
Utility Grade

If you know where Nutty Putty Cave is. That's a great area to go hunting in during the warmer months. It really sucks in the winter. Does anyone know of any good Rabbit hunting spots anywhere else near Salt Lake City, Utah.

MP5K-SD RDTS Class 3
Colt M4 Class 3
UZI Group Industries Class 3
Fabarm FP6
Benelli M1 Super 90 Preban
Benelli M3 Super 90 Preban
Winchester 1300 Defender

Post subject: re: Rabbit hunting in Utah
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:49 am 
Utility Grade

In Utah, the public accessible Lone Peak Wilderness is an area that allows rabbit hunting. You can do cottontail hunting and snowshoe hare hunting there.

Dogs are also allowed, so I bring my beagle when hunting.

- Ceicei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 am 
Utility Grade

okay so I have been wanting to go someplace new for rabbit... I usually go out in west desert but pickins are gettin pretty slim out there these days... I would just like to know where somewhere else to go is that is close... I live in the Salt Lake area....