Shotgun Forum banner

What are you listening to right now?

161K views 330 replies 76 participants last post by  Steel_Storm 
#1 ·
Here's the rules:

Put your I-pod or MP3 player on shuffle and press play. Write the first song that comes on press forward a few times and tell us what those songs are too. No cheating .... Here's my first five:

Going to California - Led Zeppelin
Bounty Hunter - Molly Hatchet
Sugar - Kid Rock
Song of the South - Alabama
Tennessee Whiskey - David Allan Coe

#5 ·
Here's 10 from me. MP3's on my PC playing with WinAmp. Playlist of 7000. Yes I have an Ipod, but the same playlist.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under the Bridge
Grand Funk Railroad- I'm Your Captain
Santana - Bella
Van Halen - 316
Jethro Tull - Overhang
Soundgarden - Tighter and Tighter
Boston - A Man I'll Never Be
Sting - Why Should I Cry for You
STYX - The Best of Times
Atlanta Rhythm Section - Doraville

#6 ·
Ipod's always on song shuffle...

Fun All Wrong - Roger Creager
First Suite in E Flat - Gustav Holst
Part 3 of "Of Mice and Men" - John Steinbeck
BBQ Stain - Tim McGraw
2+2=5 - Radiohead
Beautiful World - ColdPlay

That's just a few of my 2K songs. I obviously don't have my audiobooks filtered out.

#8 ·
Alright, here's what I get:
In a Little While_U2
Comfortably Numb_Pink Floyd
Love Without End, Amen_George Strait
Territorial Pissing_Nirvana
Cherub Rock_Smashing Pumpkins

None of those are exactly "what I'm listening to right now," but...

#9 ·
An Ipod sounds like something found among the duckweed out back. I listen to a variety of music and frequently shuffle through my collection. Even so, there seems to be some music that rarely leaves one of the vehicles. I still am in the dark ages having a cassette tape in all my cars but one which has a CD player. The most played cassette tape in the pick up has for the first 5 songs:

Patsy Montana- Cowboy's Sweetheart
Johnny Horton- North to Alaska
Hank Snow- I've been Everywhere
Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty- Louisiana Woman, Missippi Man
Suzy Boggus- Drive South

The daily driver's most played cassette starts with:
Junior Walker and the Allstars- Shotgun
Rare Earth- I'm Losin' You
Bob Segar- Night Moves
Jon Bon Jovi- Livin' on a Prayer
Vixen- Standing on the Edge of a Broken Heart

The Camaro has a CD player. It has either a commercial Motown hits compilation I bought or my own starting with:

Deep Purple- Highway Star
Atlanta Rythm Section- Homesick
The Who- Squeezebox
Led Zepplin- Hey, Hey What Can I Do
Bruce Springsteen- Badlands

#10 ·
No Ipod but my mobile phone-N95.

Five songs picked the way you mentioned:

1.Wishbone Ash- Sometime World
2.Bob Marley- Them Belly Full
3.The Dubliners- The Rocky Road to Dublin
4.Bob Dylan-Things have changed
5.Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Chile(Slight Return)

Best-
Vikram

#11 ·
Second Nature - Rush
Roller Derby Queen - Jim Croce
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Hard - Rich Mullins
Take Me Home - Phil Collins

Five songs at random. I used Windows Media Player. It has all the same songs that are on the iPod.

#12 ·
Screw iPods! I've owned 6 different ones and each one has been a PITA!

Anyways, here's the song I been listening to non-stop ever since I heard it again.

*WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE*

Used to listen to this song quite a bit when I was a kid. Awsome how simple songs can bring back such cool memories. :D

#13 ·
Don't have an iPod. Although my mobile is a Sony W595 Walkman I only use it as a phone so it's media player then.

Right now we have "The Parsifal Overture" playing. Of course you all know the composer don't you?

#16 ·
Thanks for playing guys ... here's some from today ...

What's Your Name - Lynyrd Skynyrd
I Won't Back Down - Johnny Cash
The Ocean - Led Zepplin
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Payday - Mahajibee (Local Blues Band)

#17 ·
Just heard a new song that will likely make it to a disc, Steve Miller Band's "Hey,Yeah" from their upcoming album, "Bingo" seems a winner.
I have to run and pick up a couple of grandkids to bring to the cabin for the weekend, I have a "sing along" cassette we put in for the ride. It has one of the few "rap" songs I will allow on on my radio which is the old Beastie Boys song, "You Have to Fight for Your Right to Party". The kids think it is goofy but they sing along anyway. Sammy Hagar, "Can't Drive 55" is also on there as is "Space Truckin' " by Deep Purple. The Doobie Bros, "Blackwater" is on there somewhere and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's version of "Cadillac Ranch" is a hit. My only grandson (seven girls, poor kid) likes "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult the best. My favorite might be "Thunder Island" by Jay Ferguson. We get a lot of odd looks from men when we pull up to a light but the women seem to find it quite amusing. Sometimes I wish I were still single but then I wouldn't have the grandkids with me and the women would ignore me the same today as they did back when.
Who mentioned Donny Iris a while back? It was one of the Pittsburg guy I think. His song "Ah! Leah!" is on there too and is much better than his earlier hit, "The Rapper" with the Jaggerz.

#18 ·
uglydog said:
Just heard a new song that will likely make it to a disc, Steve Miller Band's "Hey,Yeah" from their upcoming album, "Bingo" seems a winner.
I have to run and pick up a couple of grandkids to bring to the cabin for the weekend, I have a "sing along" cassette we put in for the ride. It has one of the few "rap" songs I will allow on on my radio which is the old Beastie Boys song, "You Have to Fight for Your Right to Party". The kids think it is goofy but they sing along anyway. Sammy Hagar, "Can't Drive 55" is also on there as is "Space Truckin' " by Deep Purple. The Doobie Bros, "Blackwater" is on there somewhere and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's version of "Cadillac Ranch" is a hit. My only grandson (seven girls, poor kid) likes "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult the best. My favorite might be "Thunder Island" by Jay Ferguson. We get a lot of odd looks from men when we pull up to a light but the women seem to find it quite amusing. Sometimes I wish I were still single but then I wouldn't have the grandkids with me and the women would ignore me the same today as they did back when.
I'll have to check out the Steve Miller tune.

uglydog said:
Who mentioned Donny Iris a while back? It was one of the Pittsburg guy I think. His song "Ah! Leah!" is on there too and is much better than his earlier hit, "The Rapper" with the Jaggerz.
Ah! Leah! is on my ipod as well ... apparetnly Donnie has a new cd out as well (edit: well apparently 2009 newish) .... I listened to a few of the songs and they're not bad, but I certainly watched this whole video :wink:

http://www.donnieiris.com/multimedia/li ... dress.html

#19 ·
You should have linked to the Featurette instead, I think it is better. Both are kind of like a Shania Twain video in that even without sound (the speakers on my laptop aren't working for some reason) they are still pretty good. The video was somewhat creepy though as the shorter blond with straight hair (she is the one wearing the glasses as the Featurette ends) could be either the older sister of one of my granddaughters or the younger sister of her mother. I'll have to give the link another try when I get home, then I can her what the song is about.

#20 ·
The dishwasher. I wouldn't know an IPOD or MP3 player from a bowl of wild honey. I do like all types of music. Most people would think I suffered from multiple personality syndrome if they looked at what I listen to. Country, rock, oldies. blue grass, opera, celtic, Christian maybe even 1 or 2 rap songs and a few others I have forgotten.

#23 ·

^ One of my favorite cruising songs of all time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.