It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Max Lite part 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

For almost 20 years, I shot the same gun. A year ago I decided I wanted a new gun, didn't want to alter the great fixed chokes on my old gun.

Ended up with a Max Lite. Absolutely love it. Love it so much I'm buying another one. No doubt about it.....I've gone round the bend!

Post subject: Re: Max Lite part 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Easy to do with the Max Lite. I bought one last year and love it. My older Kolar Standard Skeet has been relegated to backup duty. My Beretta 687 SP with tube set has become a "loaner."

The Max Lite is a great gun, indeed.

Romans 8:1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

I really like my Max-lite Sporting with the ramped tapered rib. Great balance, lite perceived recoil with target loads, fast pointing and sooo well made. Kolar has a fine product and they provide great customer service. OldSkeeter, shoot well:)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

That's the configuration I like....fixed ramp.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I purchased a Max Lite in January, I have some adjusting to do myself, due to shooting recoil reducers for the past 10 years.

Everyone that shoots the gun raves about the lack of recoil. I plan to stick with 1oz loads and work hard for a year with the gun as is.

It also is a 32" gun, thats a change for me also.

Know Guns --- Know Peace --- Know Safety
No Guns --- No Peace --- No Safety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

I treated myself to a retirement gift of a Kolar Max Lite skeet gun with the 12 gauge barrel and the carrier barrel. Took a little getting used to but what a nice gun. The weight and balance with all four gauges are nearly identical. Sure is fun to shoot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a max skeet 30" with carrier barrel .
I can't get used to how heavy the barrels feel.
Does anyone know if max lite barrels feel any different

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes. All the earlier Kolars I had shot seem hopelessly overweight. That was the 1st thing I noticed about the Max Lite. Less overall weight; less forward bias.

The 2d thing I noticed was lack of felt recoil. This really surprised me. In fact I thought I was dreaming. So , b/c I was shooting a demo gun at Nationals that Kolar had brought for folks to try I secured a target key and went shooting. Way over 150 shells before I could no longer think I was being fooled. It had LESS felt recoil than my Perazzi that was 1/2 lb heavier. My wife noticed that I had no problem shooting from low gun (Fitasc) and did not see-saw my bbls getting the gun up.

I bought a new gun , had Kolar folks fit it. BTW , this was not a sham fitting. We shot a lot more targets and tweaked the stock some to get me in the most comfortable place. I went out and shot the 100 bird Fitasc even at Nationals and beat my personal best by 3 targets. Last year I beat that old best by one more target.

I also got the carrier bbls and the tubes and shot them to personal bests in small gauge Fitasc winning 4 punches in those events.

I had one issue. I thought the trigger was too heavy. They fixed this and set the triggers to the exact weight I wanted.

I still have my Perazzis but shoot them less and less each year.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.