It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy from Liberty HIll, TExas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:00 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm new to this forum. I have hunted since I was in Explorer Scouts back in the late 60s. I had a chance to shoot the first over under shotgun a couple weekends ago. Up until then I have shot pump, semi auto and side by side. The Beretta 686 I got to shoot has me hooked. I am looking at the Beretta or possibly a Browning Citori. I am curious, does the new shot gun come from the factory with a parallel stock?

Anyway I am enjoying reading the forums and learning.

Texas Parks and Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor

Post subject: Re: Howdy from Liberty HIll, TExas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Welcome to Shotgun World Lefty! Only a few shotguns come with parallel combs. The Browning XS Specials and XS Skeets both had parallel combs; the current Joel Etchen Exclusive Signature Series All Around Gun (It's on sale this month by the way) also has a parallel comb.

There are also some Berettas with parallel combs, but I'm not familiar with the models, that has more to do with the stocks not suiting me for cast, I'm left handed.

Good luck with your search!

NRA Patron Life Member
TSRA Life Member
ATA Member
USPSA Member (TY-12055)
NSCA Member

Dave Brown

Post subject: Re: Howdy from Liberty HIll, TExas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the information. I might be over thinking the process of selecting a shotgun. I currently own a Browning Light Twenty, Remington 100 in 20 GA and a Remington 870 in 12 GA. I never knew there was a process to fit a shotgun and that some shotguns came with things such as either cast off or cast on. The most I knew about fitting a shotgun was the routine of placing the butt pad in the crook of my arm and checking to see where my index finger fell. Apparently that really doesn't do much. I have been able to shoot each of my shotguns with varying degrees of success.
I am really excited about the whole process of selecting a good over under shotgun that will work for me.

Thanks again.

Texas Parks and Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor