It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dove Hunting Primer in Outdoor Life
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Had a chance to spend a bit of time with Outdoor Life writer Colin Moore to discuss how to hit doves. The mourning dove is the most shot at and most often missed of all American gamebirds. Here's a link to the piece: outdoorlife.is/DY7k2d.

Post subject: Re: Dove Hunting Primer in Outdoor Life
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is a lot of information about a lot of interesting items. Could you please find the post about dove hunting and copy the "url" and post it. I would love to see the post as I love to shoot at doves. Problem is, there is a lot of air around them and I need to read up on it. The season opens in 8 weeks.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:40 am 
Crown Grade

First, Ev is right; that is not a working link. Second, if Outdoor Life is true to form it will be a regurgitation of old bromides, which may or may not work. Finally, Ev, if you haven't figured out doves by now, with all your years of experience..............you're not gonna with one article from Outdoor Life. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette, I haven't figured them out yet. They are smart birds. I can read about them but I can't hit them very well.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel