PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:49 am 
Presentation Grade

His great service will continue..

His new location is:

Sosta Gun Shop

1003 W. Foothill Blvd.

Azusa, CA 91702

Work # (626) 969-8989 or (626) 945-7355

“There is an innocence in admiration: it occurs in one who has not yet realized that they might one day be admired....Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject: Re: Lucio leaving Perazzi... But
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Junkit-boy:

I wonder why Lucio is leaving Perazzi? He did some work on one of my P-guns, a MX8 SC3, and he is a wonderful gun smith and stock fitter and I'm glad he is going to open a shop and offer his talents to the Perazzi owners in the US.

I wonder if Daniel's death in 2012 had any impact on Lucio's decision to leave the employment of Perazzi?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 pm 
Presentation Grade

I hate to speculate, but I'm assuming Lucio and Danielle [sic] are old world thinking people; and it doesn't help when a younger generation runs the show with the mentality "How do we sell shotguns tomorrow instead of 20 years from now?"

Who knows. But, his service and dedication continues

“There is an innocence in admiration: it occurs in one who has not yet realized that they might one day be admired....Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

There has been some massive changes to Perazzi in the past few years: Danielle has passed away, Al Kondak was hired as GM, adjusted pricing structure, Lucio Sosta leaves Perazzi USA, Kim Rhode and Zach Kienbaum leave stable.

As with anything, change always happens.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yes, very well said.

Al is a good guy, let's hope he keeps a tight ship at PerazziUSA
Lucio is a talented man, let hope he stays grumpy as ever. :wink:

― Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

junkit_boy wrote:
Yes, very well said.

Al is a good guy, let's hope he keeps a tight ship at PerazziUSA
Lucio is a talented man, let hope he stays grumpy as ever. :wink:

Interesting comment. I've never had a face to face conversation with Lucio in my life and I've tried. I've walked into the Perazzi building numerous times at the Grand American trapshoot and have never been greeted or asked if he could be of any help. It has always given me a bad feeling, but I don't really care. I'm not one to wear my feelings on my sleeve.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have to say I was surprised about Al Kondak joining Perazzi. I dealt with Al when he was at G&H - I ordered a mid-level Arrieta through him and let's just say I was underwhelmed with the experience, especially the customer service. The order ended up being a train wreck - I have not been able to sort who was at fault between Arrieta and G&H but it wasn't a good experience.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 am 
Diamond Grade

I had a MX8 SC3 that I sent back to Perazzi USA for a warranty issue. While Lucio did a great job with the adjustment and even went beyond what was requested his personal customer interaction skills are not what I would like to see.

Al Kondak had just arrived at Perazzi USA and I had a L O N G talk with Al about the poor Perazzi advertising, less than great customer service and, compared to Krieghoff, no presence at major shoots, other than the Grand. Al said he was going to change all of that. Well I'm still waiting for more Perazzi shooter support, better service, and with the price increases Al has implemented the goal of more market share is probably not what he would like. Now that Danielle has passed away I'm concerned that the valuable US market is being run by Al without Danielle's oversight. Lucio's departure might be a sign that things are changing at Perazzi USA but maybe not. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 am 
Diamond Grade

Rick,

That has always been my "beef" with Perazzi. Lack of customer service and support. And yes, I have owned several.

This year at the Grand American, I walked into the Krieghoff, Beretta, Perazzi, and Guerini building. Both Krieghoff and Guerini asked if they could help or show me anything. Beretta and Perazzi didn't appear to care if I existed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:05 am 
Diamond Grade

Matt:

I agree. I've bought five Perazzis, 3 of which were new, and 6 Berettas, including a new SO5 Sporting, and both Perazzi & Beretta seemed indifferent about my customer experience.

I can understand a be-spoke maker like Perazzi not bothering with shirts or vests but their level of shooter support is lacking in the US IMO. When Al Kondak was hired by Danielle Perazzi I was expecting a change but now that Danielle has died I wonder if anything will really change or if Al has the support of Perazzi to change the shooter support (I mean one sponsored shooter, Wendall Cherry, for all of the United Stated). Come on! Surly they could do better than that when you look at how many shooters they list as sponsored on their Italian web site. If they want to increase their US market share they need to improve US shooter support and products offered. Maybe they, Beretta & Perazzi, are satisfied with how things are going. If that's true I'm concerned for their continued presence in the US market.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

Yes, I have never understood some marketing points by some companies (shooting and non-shooting related). I understand that Perazzi's focus has always been on Olympic shooting and trap. Perazzi makes an awesome shotgun. I always wondered how many more guns they would sell with more skeet and sporting marketing.

I know 2 guys who shoot a great deal and have the money to buy any gun they want. One of them went to a Perazzi building at a major shoot and was disappointed with the "friendliness" of the crew. The other told me that they would never buy a gun that came with spare parts. I find #1 to be correct and #2 to be wrong.

We will see how this turns out. I wonder if Mr. Kondak will now be attending the Grand in Sparta. That has been Lucio's assignment since I've been going. I would like to meet Mr. Kondak and chat with him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 pm 
Limited Edition

So who is doing the gunsmithing at Perazzi USA? Are they farming it out to Lucio?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm 
Diamond Grade

GFI:

That's a good question. Years ago Danielle Perazzi sent Giacomo to the US to service Perazzis that were sold by the first US dealers. As time went by Giacomo opened his own business and Perazzi opened as the US importer who sells factory guns to certified US dealers for sale to buyers.

Maybe Lucio will be a source for Perazzi USA to do service work but my bet is that a new "Lucio" will arrive from the factory to do their service work. Giacomo did Perazzi work but evolved into his own business repairing Perazzis and selling them. (now handled by his son-in-law Dan Lokker)

So we will have to see what happens at Perazzi USA in CA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Guys: Going to the Perazzi store at NSCA Nationals , was a joke for years. They spent more time cussing each other out than helping any customers.

Maybe Al will fix that.

Lucio--once he got to your gun -- is a virtuoso w/ his hands.

Perazzi is the simplest design , made to be shooter repairable (is that a word ? )and bbls, triggers and stocks are as close to modular as one can get.

Despite all the urban legends , mine have almost never needed servicing.....and are equal to if not more reliable than my several pieces of German iron. + I would never dare work on a K gun.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 pm 
Crown Grade

I read were Zach Kienbaum wrote that Lucio was never given the support from Italy he needed. I am not sure Al is being given that support either. However, I will say this, Al is a business man, Luccio is a gunsmith! So it seems that now they are both right were they need to be.

Sera is correct. A MX8 is very user friendly. I have re-built several MX8's now and there really is not that much to it. There is nothing magical about them. There MANY gunsmiths that can easily re-build (re-joint) a MX8. I know nothing about the MX12's.

I suspect both Perazzi and Lucio will make it just fine.

Randy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Randy:

I agree with everything you said I guess I'm just concerned about what is going to happen now that Danielle has passed. Al told me he was going to really work to improve advertising and dealer & shooter support here in the US when he first started and I hope he ultimately is successful.

Last edited by B-Shooter on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The company makes <3000 guns a year. Only a 5th of those come to the USA (roughly). How many SCO's make it to the USA every year --5 or 6 that are not pre-ordered :?: .

I think that the company is happy with that . I doubt you'll see much change in those numbers.

I , for one , am happy. I have owned 6 P guns and sold three (have the other three now)....and each sold for even money or a profit.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 am 
Diamond Grade

Sera:

Good point. I watched a Utube video from the 2013 World Championships in double trap and all six of the finalist were shooting Perazzi guns. As long as they continue to be the competition gun of choice around the World I guess they won't worry to much about growing the US Sporting Clays market.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rick & Sera,

Good points! Perazzi and Krieghoff have different marketing strategies..... Perazzi markets in volume. Olympics and American Trap which is the largest attended clay target game. Krieghoff has been NSSA skeet and NSCA sporting. Both have excelled in their area. Example...the World FITASC @ Northbrook. No one from Perazzi there - same time as Grand American. Lucio, Bonillas, Giacomo, etc. was there. Krieghoff was at both.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:01 pm 
Crown Grade

When you have someone from the old country immigrant here and is in a customer service oriented business, sometimes they forgot to leave their old country mentality at the door. Not to offend anyone here who is a first generation immigrant but the worst are the immigrants from countries where consumer regulation is lax and/or salesmanship and customer service is akin to being in a bazaar.