It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lucio leaving Perazzi... But
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi Sera ,

You want to know why the Hi Tech costs more , and the barrels and stocks won't fit the
MX-8 or MX-12 Models which brought the company to where they are today ?

Because the King of arrogance Mauro Perazzi says he can !

He has stated to more then one individual I know , the American market for Perazzi is dead in his " Little Boy Eyes " .

Don't be surprised if this company one day is owned by new owners . His short sighted business acumen is so glaringly obvious .......

6K for 20 Gauge Extra Barrels, 7K for 28 Gauge extra Barrels ?

I think he is snorting Cocaine through an Extra set of Perazzi Barrels ! :roll:

PJD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

PJ: This is my take on it , too. I was wondering if Brandon could pontificate up a better answer. Obviously not.

Some businessmen should be horse-whipped.

The other day a friend was asking me about advertising. He told me a story about a campaign that worked to perfection and how he now had a new idea....blah , blah. My input: do what worked in the past, why re-invent the wheel when you have a loyal following?

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

Post subject: Lucio leaving Perazzi... But
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

Having ordered and owned several Perazzi guns there is little doubt in my mind that the "brand" has been effected by the loss of Daniella. The "family" obviously has new ideas as to what customers in the US want and are willing to pay for their products. The MXS & now the Hi Tech are examples of guns that no one was asking for. The increase in prices for guns and extra barrels has gone nuts. I have no experience with Al Kondak but I have had dealings with Lucio and they were very satisfactory. With so many quality competition guns available in the US today (Blaser/Beretta/CG/K-80/Kolar/Zoli) I don't think Perazzi is moving in the right direction. The 2016 Olympics had several shotgun medals won with Beretta DT-11's when Perazzi used to be all conquering at the Olympics. Perazzi built their reputation on being a custom gun that was very reliable and could be ordered in sooo many configurations but now the lead times, prices, and lack of a presence at big shoots in the US does not bode well for gaining new Perazzi converts IMO. Time will tell if the "new" marketing program will pay off for Perazzi or if they will go the way of Renato Gamba & Keman and many other European makers that once were sold and serviced here but are now only available in Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Lucia leaving PUSA is one of the reasons my new gun came from WI.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 pm 
Crown Grade

So with ShotShow almost here, I'm assuming another 5% price increase for 2017? :lol: :lol: :lol: 28 gauge barrels will probably be $10,000 in another 2 years. :roll:

Post subject: Lucio leaving Perazzi... But
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 am 
Diamond Grade

sernv99; you are probably not far off! "IF" Perazzi really wanted to introduce new product for the U S market aimed at Sporting Clays shooters, they could offer match weighted barrels in sub-gauge that could be purchased in the $3K price range. But NOOOO if you want to shoot a Perazzi in any sub gauge events you have to run the gauntlet trying to find, purchase, fit etc. some barrels or you have to have multiple guns or use tubes. Notice that Blaser, Kolar, Krieghoff, CG, and others already have barrel sets and barrels available. As to the new Hi-Tech line of guns, with the "stronger & wider & heavier" receivers, nobody was having any problems with the weight and balance of the tried & true MX8/MX12/MX2000 etc. guns. Krieghoff's approach of offering a lighter, faster moving gun STILL used the same receivers of the existing line of guns. Kolar did the same when they introduced the Max-Lite guns. "IF" Perazzi felt they needed another new line or model they obviously didn't ask U S shooters for any input IMO. Hope the new management team figures it out before they lose their U S market altogether.

Last edited by B-Shooter on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

R: The "problem" comes in when marketing does not shoot nor does it talk to enough shooters. NO ONE was begging for the new wider rec'r nor the funky rib. Both were just marketing stunts.

On the other hand Kolar decreased the weights of their guns by 3/4th of a POUND. Taking a ponderous--at best- gun and making it feel lie a ...well....a Perazzi. :idea: duhh.

That's one reason the 4 P-stick sit in the safe. :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Who is Miss Perazzi? Is she an heir of Daniele's?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:52 am 
Tournament Grade

The uncertainty surrounding the P brand is why I purchased a K gun. I have owned P in the past but it just seems as though they are disorganized. I don't spend my $ with those companies to be honest. And being a sporting shooter they really don't seem to be committed to that game very much. Let alone zero on skeet. And the possibility of Beretta purchasing them....DT11 would work just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Swanny wrote:
And the possibility of Beretta purchasing them....

And this comes from ?? :?:

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 am 
Tournament Grade

Posted in this thread. Just repeating. So go to that source and question them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm 
Field Grade

The Swanny wrote:
The uncertainty surrounding the P brand is why I purchased a K gun. I have owned P in the past but it just seems as though they are disorganized. I don't spend my $ with those companies to be honest. And being a sporting shooter they really don't seem to be committed to that game very much. Let alone zero on skeet. And the possibility of Beretta purchasing them....DT11 would work just fine.

Just some random thoughts. The thread has gone a little off track,
?Committed to Sporting Clays?
Hmm-George Digweed
David Radulovich

Perazzi is committed to winning. They obviously, right or wrong, think that their guns are worth the investment people are willing to make. Personally, I don't like the High Tech or the MXS, I'll be keeping my MX2000/8.

Beretta bought the Olympic Champions, good for them and good for the shooters who are getting paid to shoot them. Beretta is like General Motors, Perazzi is more like Ferrari as far as numbers go. Beretta builds everything, Perazzi-Double barrel shotguns.

Hats off to Krieghoff, they are the very best at marketing their product, loaners, trade up programs and such. Every dealer of a Krieghoff should thank Hal DuPont IMO. He was a different kind of guy to deal with, but if he thought you were in the market, he would go the extra mile to close the deal.

I own both, and like to shoot both of them. They are different. Truth is I would like to try a Kolar and a F3 Blaser.

What bothers me the most is how much less expensive these guns are in Europe than here in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

When I am at the Open I am going to try a Kolar while there and aBlazer. I do not like the Hi Tech as well. The MX2000 (which I had a trap combo version of) is a gun I do like. I think they have lost the marketing plot a bit compared to the K and B guns. They will have to rebuild that....either that or they are happy where they are at.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:26 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The "problem" is that their guns rarely wear out. A gun , when well maintained, can last 100 yrs.

So................they have to "invent" new doodads and then praise those to high heavens to get someone to stop shooting a perfectly good gun to shoot a new one.

Often the praise looks like fluff/hype and as often that's simply all it is. Since there's no money to win in SC , it's hard to justify cont'd new gun buying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:15 am 
Field Grade

For years I shot Perazzi combos and stopped in to see Lucio every six months for a checkup. Always had a good time talking with him as he worked on the gun. I bought four new combo sets over a 12-13 year period and enjoyed Perazzi and Lucio. Also knew Giacomo from my New York days so I would buy new guns from Giacomo and Lucio which worked out very well. Then around 2010 Lucio started working in an environment that had cameras in every room so those in Italy could watch him all day every day. As a customer I didn't feel good about the changes throughout Perazzi. I'm now shooting a K-80 and doubt I'll ever have reason to consider another Perazzi. To me Perazzi seems to be adrift and moving in the wrong direction. There's a couple All-Americans out there that got the short end of the stick from Perazzi and Kreighoff and Beretta seem to have benefitted from Perazzi's mistake in that area. To bad for all involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 am 
Diamond Grade

IMO Perazzi has been going in the wrong direction since the founder, Daniel Perazzi passed away. He had a passion for his guns and his customers. Built personal relationships with shooters, like Wendall Cherry, and with the great loyalty and expert service provided in the U S by Gacamo & Lucio the brand grew and prospered. Then came the Maurio era & Al Kondak at Perazzi USA & the cameras etc. MXS & Hi-Tech models that nobody was asking for. Longer delivery times, WAY higher prices for guns & additional barrels. None of this was well received. I personally doubt they will get back their lost customers or market share in this market. Maybe if Gacamo took over and moved the U S offices to the East coast they might have a chance but without a major turn around in the way they are doing business it's not looking good and I have bought & shot six Perazzi guns over a twenty-five year period.