It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Matching numbers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:52 am 
Field Grade

On new perazzi's do the numbers match the receiver and barrels? I know my 2008 mx8 did when I bought new, I am looking at an sc3 but they don't match, does this effect value?

Post subject: Re: Matching numbers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

All my new guns came w/ matching serial numbers.

But , it is known that Perazzi will send out a new set of bbls(or triggers , etc) w/ no number stamped and let you have that done yourself.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 am 
Tournament Grade

New Perazzis have matching numbers. But often, folks buying/selling used might decide to add a barrel or sell a barrel and parts get swapped, more so than with most other shotguns...probably that nature of competition shooters trying out a bunch of different options while striving to get a gun that's juuuust right for themselves. Some think it affects value. But I (and I think most shooters) think that as long as the barrel is properly fit by a competent gunsmith, it's not a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Not a big deal. When I ordered my 2008 MX-12 the dealer ordered it with a second set of barrels,, apparently the second set of barrels were less expensive from Italy when ordered with the gun. I ended up with a 2 barrel case for the bother. So somewhere out there is a set of barrels with my serial number..... Notime2