Sultah: There are a world of SC clubs in the Houston area

1. American (out at the end of Westheimer) , they are back in biz since Harvey
2.Westside out I 10 at Peterman Rd
3. Conroe
4. Sealy
5 1-100 (Beaumont)
6. Able Ammo

good luck in your quest.

Thanks Sera, unfortunately all of those clubs are over an hour away from where I live. So while I could get out to one every other month or so, it's not nearly enough to consistently practice. Pre-kid days when I lived in downtown Houston it was no issue.....

Also, I'll add a seventh to your list - Pecan Meadow north of Liberty.

Post subject: Re: First Time Perazzi Buyer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've been shooting some of those clubs for 15 yrs.

One hour away. Lands sakes , That's half my usual drive.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Perazzi makes wonderful guns. I have several and have owned more. One thing you ought to know. If you replace their recoil pad and the stock breaks, you have voided any warranty. Same thing with after market chokes by anyone. If you put in after market chokes you have voided any barrel warranty. This makes sense from a manufacturer's point of view, but it is something about which to be aware.
You might think about a sporting clays combo, two barrels, one fixed choke and one with factory tubes. They do swing differently. Before you buy something over 32" go out and shoot one.

Get a copy of the form they use to fit guns. There are more dimensions there than you think. Some very minor adjustments can make the gun a pleasure or a pain to shoot. Is the front of the comb farther away from your face than the back? If it is, it will recoil away from your face, as long as it is a parallel comb. This is just an example. Placement and size of the palm swell, the pistol grip radius and other dimensions are critical.

Giacomo was a master fitter, as is Lucio. I have never had a gun fit by their other current dealers. Buy a spare trigger if you will use the gun to compete. It can be an older one, but needs to be fitted to the gun. Lead times can be long for custom stuff. Worth the wait.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm 
Field Grade

agree with everyone John at pacific is outstanding, Bought a Guerini from him,
If it were me I would leave the kids at home take my wife on the trip and have some fun, and get the gun - won't be here for a while anyway
and yes I'd join the GHGC to boot - lots of cash up front - if you are REALLY squeezed to get the Perazzi - you probably shouldn't be buying it anyway

Just gave my kids and their spouses shotguns for Christmas and got me the Guerini, diamond earing for my wife - because she ok'd the gun exchange - most expensive Christmas ever - but shooting with them and my wife's reaction to earrings
there is no amount of money that will replace it

remember you can't take it with you and in a box in the ground for ever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm 
Field Grade

agree with everyone John at pacific is outstanding, Bought a Guerini from him,
If it were me I would leave the kids at home take my wife on the trip and have some fun, and get the gun - won't be here for a while anyway
and yes I'd join the GHGC to boot - lots of cash up front - if you are REALLY squeezed to get the Perazzi - you probably shouldn't be buying it anyway

Just gave my kids and their spouses shotguns for Christmas and got me the Guerini, diamond earing for my wife - because she ok'd the gun exchange - most expensive Christmas ever - but shooting with them and my wife's reaction to earrings
there is no amount of money that will replace it

remember you can't take it with you and in a box in the ground for ever