It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi mx20 two barrel set
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:04 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm considering getting a 20/28ga combo field gun and looking at my options. Is there a difference between the mx8-20 and mx20? What kind of money are we talking? Also, I will need a left hand stock and curious if anyone can comment how hard that's going to be to find.

Post subject: Re: Perazzi mx20 two barrel set
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

MX8/20 has the drop out trigger w/ leaf spring option. Guessing $17Kish for the basic blued w/ standard wood. All Perazzis are custom order with custom stock included in price (no problem LH).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

They say if you are going to get a new one, it's worth the money to go direct select your wood and get the stock made to fit!.
I can't vouch for this, but from what I've read it seem to be a good thing to do considering the $'s and especially since you are a leftie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm 
Crown Grade

You can also specify everything else, like what type of rib (and full length of half) type of, and radius of, the grip, length of barrels, chokes, etc.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Texas Yankee wrote:
They say if you are going to get a new one, it's worth the money to go direct select your wood and get the stock made to fit!.
I can't vouch for this, but from what I've read it seem to be a good thing to do considering the $'s and especially since you are a leftie.

Where would I need to go for this? Can someone in the U.S. do this or do I need to go to their plant in Italy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

John/Jordon at Pacific Sporting Arms(SoCal)

Dan at Giacomo's (NY)

I have a 20/28 set made to go to Argentina and shoot 3000 doves a day. Sadly , I am tired after 1000 a day. This gun is on a MX 20 platform.

I had the same gun on the MX8/20 platform (drop out triggers) that went to Argentina 3 different times. When I decided I had to get something "new" I sold it for $1300 more than I paid for it.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.