It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TriStar TT-15 Trap Models
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I saw these the other day and I think I'll get the Unsingle for shooting trap this summer.

A place near me stocks the TriStar line and I can get out and shoot it first.

http://www.tristararms.com/trap-models/

Post subject: Re: TriStar TT-15 Trap Models
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dirtweed wrote:
I saw these the other day and I think I'll get the Unsingle for shooting trap this summer.

A place near me stocks the TriStar line and I can get out and shoot it first.

http://www.tristararms.com/trap-models/

Just in case you didn't know. The single barrel trap receivers only have one firing pin hole and the simplified trigger for a single shot. The O/U looks like the better deal because you could add an unsingle barrel later.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =540052198

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =540733112

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oh yeah I am aware of that. They also have the combo with both barrels I will look at that, but I only shoot trap and we never have doubles set up at my club. We'll see how I like them when I get to the shop with the cash this summer. Plus that is the shop in those links.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:20 am 
Utility Grade

New member and very new to trap shooting, so I apologize in advance for not knowing a lot about the sport.

My local gun club: http://edwardsvillegunclub.org/ hosted a beginner trap class a couple of weeks ago, taught by the coach of the local high school team.

Never shot trap before and took out my late dad's old Remington 11-87.

I had a BLAST.

After the trap rounds i was having a couple of adult beverages in the clubhouse and the coach talked highly of the TriStars as a good entry level trap gun.

I've been to Turkey A LOT during the last couple of wars and have always liked their shotguns, just never had a reason to buy one.

That changed today. Just ordered the TT-15 combo (unsingle+ O/U barrels). Will let you know how it works out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Welcome to the forums Pat. Look forward to hearing what you see from the combo.

Mine is on hold as the IRS spanked me a bit harder than I was expecting this year. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 pm 
Utility Grade

The TT-15 combo is still on order.

My local club uses gzanders.com as their wholesaler and they don't keep a real robust inventory of the smaller brands.

The club only charges wholesale +4%, so it's worth the wait.

-Pat

BTW, Just got back from London today (I'm an airline pilot) and got selected for the 'explosive residue swab down'. I was a little concerned since I'd been out shooting two days prior, but tested clean.

I would not recommend carrying ANY bag you use as a range bag as personal luggage anywhere!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Hey Pat, greetings from Highland, IL.
Let me know how you like the combo I'm in the market for a unsingle as well.
When you get it give me a holler and I'll treat you to a few trap rounds if you'll let me try it out.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought one for my son to shoot in HS trap in Minnesota this summer. He started out with an SX3 in 8th grade and shot 96/100 with it at the state qualifier. Then grew about a foot and the gun didn't fit. Scores dropped and he bought an SKB Century III with his own money and shot that very well. It's a great gun for a single but then the kid went and shot the high overall score in handicap and doubles at our local gun clubs trophy shoot using a borrowed gun for doubles after never having shot doubles in his life and suddenly one barrel wasn't enough :lol:

So since we had good luck with the SKB we looked at their double gun but he didn't care for the way it pointed so after looking around we ended up going with the TriStar TT-15. It has been a great gun and he is shooting it very well. I also coach our HS team and the guns get traded back and forth between the kids and they all seem to shoot the SKB,which ended up being mine, and the TriStar very well. I have no illusions that the gun has the quality or the life span of the premier guns on the market but for the price they are allowing many high school kids to get into a dedicated clay gun that could never do it without this option.

This year at the state meets and other events I saw a lot of SBB century III'3 on the racks and we now have 3 on our team. If these guns are in your price range they can be a good option.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:25 pm 
Utility Grade

My son just shot his first 25 straight today in our fall HS trap league and finished with 48/50 and is in first place in our conference. The gun is doing it's job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 am 
Utility Grade

Hey guys, I know some of your posts are from last year, but I'll fill you in. I always shot my browning 725 combo unsingle for the longest time. I mainly shoot trap, and thought this will be the last shotgun I'll ever buy.

Lately, I kept seeing these adds for the new tristar tt-15 combo trap gun. So I kept doing the research, and could not find one bad review. I've always had a fascination for unsingle barrel trap guns, and this one had a nice look to it. The MSRP was unbelievable for what you get. So I took a leap of faith and got one as soon as the supplier notified me that the back order was re supplied.

So far, I've taken it out every time and almost have 1000 rounds through it. So far, it's holding well, the break on the barrel is just as crisp as new. I'm impressed. so far.

The only things I've noticed were minor. I like the fact that it has a beretta mobil choke platform, so common that I bought some Briley's at my gun club store. I just couldn't trust what it came with. secondly, no mid-bead. So I did some studying, and installed one myself.(thanks to Brownells tutorial). And last, it only has 3 adjustments on the rib so I set it at the lowest which is almost a 90/10. I've been so used to the 70/30 set up for so long. But just like a browning, you must really get your cheek on the comb and capitalize on that "Wood to wood", to get the perfect sight picture, which I've been guilty of forgetting to do sometimes.

Just yesterday, I finally got my first 25 with this gun. So far no problems. I shoot twice a week at the most, since 2011. I load my own shells, and my choice has been 3/4 oz. loads for the last 3 yrs.(12gauge). I only use full chokes. I paid $1600. for this combo set.
I still love my 725, and will be taking it out to the field again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:23 am 
Crown Grade

GO over to traoshooters. Tons of threads and variety of opinions on these guns. Some positive some negative

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:38 am 
Field Grade

xsshooter wrote:
GO over to traoshooters. Tons of threads and variety of opinions on these guns. Some positive some negative

I know it's an older post but I followed your advice

Being a member for only 3 days - I already got banned there for 5 days

And that just for asking info & feedback on the TT-15

I suppose - like for some of the bashing / rude members on the TT-15 out there - I was asking too much . . . ? ? ?

Do those people like the Tristar TT-15 out there . . .

There was also a post that the clay shooting community is apparently getting smaller and less shooters start or show up

Doesn't surprise me if these guys are the first ones you meet as a rookie and when you arrive in their squad

What an attitude . . . omg . . .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 am 
Crown Grade

Kingair wrote:
xsshooter wrote:

I suppose - like for some of the bashing / rude members on the TT-15 out there - I was asking too much . . . ? ? ?

There was also a post that the clay shooting community is apparently getting smaller and less shooters start or show up

Doesn't surprise me if these guys are the first ones you meet as a rookie and when you arrive in their squad

And likely you didn't even commit the mortal sin of calling it a shotty.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:13 pm 
Field Grade

Riflemeister wrote:
Kingair wrote:
xsshooter wrote:

And likely you didn't even commit the mortal sin of calling it a shotty.

I was just looking for some reviews of owners . . . .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 pm 
Field Grade

Back allowed !