It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hatfield 20ga AUto at Walmart plus a Hatfield Single Shot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:14 pm 
Field Grade

Well, this weekend was the 2nd Amendment Tax Holiday in Louisiana so I went to Walmart to see what they had.
They had just put out a Hatfield 12ga SAS Auto shotgun yesterday so I went up there to see if they had one in 20ga and also to see if they had one of the single shots in 410. They had just put out 12ga single yesterday also

Well they had an auto in 20ga and the single in 410 so I bought them both for $226 and $99
plus 3% tax. Seems our new Democrat Governor just couldn't let the tax free weekend be totally tax free but close enough since he jacked up the sales tax 1% after taking office this year.

Anyways, took them both out to shoot today and get the auto broken in somewhat.
It worked fine with high brass shells but only had about 15 shells to shoot and some dove loads. The dove loads had some difficulties but I haven't broken in the shotgun yet with a couple of boxes of high brass and I don't feel that bad about it after having a Beretta Outlander 300 that I never could get to operate with dove loads after shooting 3 boxes of high brass out of it. The 20ga auto came with 3 choke tubes.
The single shot 410 worked just fine and I shot some 3" 6 shot, 2.5" 8 shot, and some OOO buckshot loads with 5 pellets in them. Deer killing patterns at 25 yards with the buckshot loads. i have some #4 buckshot loads to try next that have 9 pellets in them.

I had also bought a Ruger American Rifle in 30-06 for $199 this past Wednesday that was on clearance and missed out on a Marlin 4570 lever action that was $299. They only had a few of those for sale along with some others on clearance but they evaporated quickly.

They had the single shot in 12ga, 20ga, and 410 and the auto in 12ga and 20ga.

Post subject: Re: Hatfield 20ga AUto at Walmart plus a Hatfield Single Sho
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 pm 
Field Grade

Shot some Rio 1oz loads today and functioned perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have the 20 ga auto. I had a few issues the first 25 rounds through it but the 100 or so I've put through it since have functioned perfect. All I have shot in it are 7/8 oz dove and target loads.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:53 pm 
Field Grade

I had to break in the Tristar Viper G2 20ga I bought earlier this year and figured this one was no different.
It came with 3 chokes which appear to be Full, Modified, and Cylinder boRe with 1, 3, and 5 notches on the Beretta Mobil style chokes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 am 
Field Grade

hunter5567 wrote:
Well, this weekend was the 2nd Amendment Tax Holiday in Louisiana so I went to Walmart to see what they had.
They had just put out a Hatfield 12ga SAS Auto shotgun yesterday so I went up there to see if they had one in 20ga and also to see if they had one of the single shots in 410. They had just put out 12ga single yesterday also

Well they had an auto in 20ga and the single in 410 so I bought them both for $226 and $99
plus 3% tax. Seems our new Democrat Governor just couldn't let the tax free weekend be totally tax free but close enough since he jacked up the sales tax 1% after taking office this year.

Anyways, took them both out to shoot today and get the auto broken in somewhat.
It worked fine with high brass shells but only had about 15 shells to shoot and some dove loads. The dove loads had some difficulties but I haven't broken in the shotgun yet with a couple of boxes of high brass and I don't feel that bad about it after having a Beretta Outlander 300 that I never could get to operate with dove loads after shooting 3 boxes of high brass out of it. The 20ga auto came with 3 choke tubes.
The single shot 410 worked just fine and I shot some 3" 6 shot, 2.5" 8 shot, and some OOO buckshot loads with 5 pellets in them. Deer killing patterns at 25 yards with the buckshot loads. i have some #4 buckshot loads to try next that have 9 pellets in them.

I had also bought a Ruger American Rifle in 30-06 for $199 this past Wednesday that was on clearance and missed out on a Marlin 4570 lever action that was $299. They only had a few of those for sale along with some others on clearance but they evaporated quickly.

They had the single shot in 12ga, 20ga, and 410 and the auto in 12ga and 20ga.

Keep us updated. I am a BIG fan of both the Tri-Star Viper G2's and the CZ 712/720's. I saw this at walmart last night and my oldest boy fell in love with it. I know Khan Semi-Auto's have had bad reviews in the past, one specifically said two separate gun had mushrooming on the locking lug which basically killed them after about 5000 rounds. That makes me hesitant to but when a 720 isn't much more, but $226 is a very attractive price.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:16 pm 
Utility Grade

i joined this site for feedback specifically for these shotguns. I recently purchased the 12 an 20 both auto loaders.. the 12 ive had zero issues with but I fired 25rounds of fiochii #6 heavy game in it.. the 20 I bought hung 3 rounds during ejection but they were some federal 7.5 game loads basically the bulk pack shells.. put aprox 20-25 rounds of those but only had those 3 rounds hang up.. last shots I removed the plug give it a full tube an one in chamber an it fired them as fast as I could yank the trigger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:38 am 
Field Grade

I haven't had a chance to shoot them more being primarily a deer hunter with rifles.
Walmart sells them out as fast as they get them in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Has any broken there Hatfield completely down? Upon field stripping my bolt I see that my firing in is bent An spring is as well. Gun has well over 100rounds an we have had several light primer strikes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 pm 
Utility Grade

Just picked up one tonight as well, cant wait to get it out and put some rounds through it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Well bought my Hatfield 12guage auto loader day before thanks giving. Second outing started having a bunch of misfires. My firing pin was bent Monday I contacted huglu/utas. They immediately issued me a return label.. just received email a few moments ago today Dec1st that my shotgun would back in my.possesion tomorrow dec2nd they replaced bolt forearm an bolt slide. So far I like the shotgun alot am I'll wash it up as a weak firing pin hopefully I'll have zero issues now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Forgot to add i bought a 20guage as well with zero issues with it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

Is there any "NEW INFO" on these $226 Hatfield semi-auto shotguns being sold at WALMART? Has anyone else purchased and shot one? Has anyone yet put 500+ rounds through one of these Hatfields? Any functional problems?

I'm kind of tempted, and was hoping to see more feedback from new users....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:03 pm 
Field Grade

Local Cabelas had a used 12 gauge Hatfield SAS, exactly the same gun as Walmart, on the rack for over $600.00. :shock: Also had two Silver Eagle sporter SE's on the used rack, but marked on the tag as new, same thing as the Dick's $399 gun, for over $700.00. :shock: :shock: Asked about the pricing and was told they were either heirloom guns or special models. :lol: :lol: Wish I had thought to take pictures of the guns & tags.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They are on Gunbroker every day for a little over $200.00. I admit I am very curious.

How could any company build, market and ship a working semi-auto at this price point?

Not curious enough to buy one, though!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought a 20ga hatfield auto at Wal Mart the last of Feb 2017. Brought it home, assembled it. I fired it, it would not eject and would jam. The 3rd shot blew a spacer out between the reciver and the barrel. Being that the gun was about an hour and a half old i took it back to walmart and they didnt want to get involved but took it any way. They took it back and sent it off to have it repaired. They called me when it was ready and i brought it back home on March 22. I fired it and it would not eject and blew the same spacer out again and took a chunck out of my arm. I bought this gun to teach my wife how to shoot. Now how would I feel if she would have been hurt instead of me. Has anyone else had this problem the the same gun?