It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Origin of Turkish shotguns...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

A few days ago I read an older post on a forum ( don't know if it was this one ) that someone in Turkey chimed in on a post stating a lot of Turkish shotguns are made in part at least in small villages sending components to a larger factory who assembles them. In other words... Khan, Krail and a host of other guns may be made by the same people. Somewhere along the line however have to go thru an inspection process..
Does anyone have a definitive or at least good hearsay as to the origins of these shotguns ?

Post subject: Re: Origin of Turkish shotguns...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I can't comment on Turkish Shoguns, but what is the difference of your American car that has a collection or parts made all over the world, maybe not by hand in small villages, but it is the current way of the world. Or Browning, Miroku and Charles Daly all being made in the same factory on the same manufacturing lines. Fords for a while, "Badged" as Jaquar's etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:19 pm 
Crown Grade

I have also wondered if some of the parts in the popular Italian shotguns are sourced from Turkey.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Claydust wrote:
I have also wondered if some of the parts in the popular Italian shotguns are sourced from Turkey.

There is no need to wonder.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Claydust wrote:

As I used to tell my wife when she commented on the contents of various fast food restaurants chicken pieces... " Parts is parts " Perhaps the same is true for some shotgun parts ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:16 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Claydust wrote:

So, some of those guys on one of the other forums that dump vigorously on Turkish guns, that shoot Italian brands, likely have Turkish parts in their guns :lol:

I did suspect this form the limited data I have that would suggest interactions between Italian and Turkish companies.

O/T ;There again, not a big surprise, my BMW F700GS was assembled in Berlin, but when doing any work on it, one notices parts sourced from many European countries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Claydust wrote:
So, some of those guys on one of the other forums that dump vigorously on Turkish guns, that shoot Italian brands, likely have Turkish parts in their guns

Of course. Is it news to anyone that Beretta manufactures in Turkey?

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 pm 
Crown Grade

Or why the NE gun makers have moved South? Labor costs are lower; Turkey will be the new Spain in this regard in a short order. The Kimber and S&W Turkish-made guns were very well made (I own the S&W). It has nice wood, good triggers, gorgeous color case hardening, and a nice high gloss blue. But like Fausti, they will build to whatever price point the buyer wants.....and the quality will be reflected like that.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:03 pm 
Field Grade

The story for Villages is correct and incorrect. To understand to all story correctly , i am suggesting read more about Turkish Shotgun Industry.

The Village calling Huglu. Yes The Huglu name coming from Village him self. It based on Konya city Turkey, between the mountains not suitable for any farming , so this village learn to be Ironsmith and gun smith during Worldwar I to repair the rifles.

This is how Huglu looks like

http://www.huglu.com.tr/upload/1484895593-6664.jpg

After 60s Villages found it Cooperative or you can call Cluster , to get all small Gunsmiths under the one name. Huglu Cooperative. Today most of gun parts producing in Huglu. But this is most like, springs, O rings , Triger , Coil and some small parts. The big Shotgun producer , focus the Barrel and Wood stock production. For serail production , this is very good idea that to use subcontractor for high speed assembly line. Same system using over 100 years in Automotive.

As like Automotive also International Shotgun producer have connection in backstage for diffrent markets and level of shotguns. So Italian , USA , France or Britian gun producer collobrating with Turkish gunmakers also. This is very normal.

Example

Winchester SXP Defender producing by Istanbul Silah Ltd. http://www.istanbulsilah.com/en

And yes there is Baretta Factory in Turkey http://www.stoeger.com.tr/home

And Dear Claydust your BMW only assembly in Germany but enginee made by Austria by ROTAX https://www.rotax.com/en/products/rotax-powertrains/applications/onroad.html BMW enginner never design the F600 and F800 enginne. Same enginne using by KTM motorcyle also.

So who know how many shotguns brand names in world using Turkish made parts , But according to report in 2017 exporting 55 countries Shotguns and parts and total market volume was 55 million USD for 2017.

I hope my information will informative for you Gentelmans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am 
Tournament Grade

zeda3000 wrote:
The story for Villages is correct and incorrect. To understand to all story correctly , i am suggesting read more about Turkish Shotgun Industry.

The Village calling Huglu. Yes The Huglu name coming from Village him self. It based on Konya city Turkey, between the mountains not suitable for any farming , so this village learn to be Ironsmith and gun smith during Worldwar I to repair the rifles.

After 60s Villages found it Cooperative or you can call Cluster , to get all small Gunsmiths under the one name. Huglu Cooperative. Today most of gun parts producing in Huglu. But this is most like, springs, O rings , Triger , Coil and some small parts. The big Shotgun producer , focus the Barrel and Wood stock production. For serail production , this is very good idea that to use subcontractor for high speed assembly line. Same system using over 100 years in Automotive.

As like Automotive also International Shotgun producer have connection in backstage for diffrent markets and level of shotguns. So Italian , USA , France or Britian gun producer collobrating with Turkish gunmakers also. This is very normal.

Example

Winchester SXP Defender producing by Istanbul Silah Ltd. http://www.istanbulsilah.com/en

And Dear Claydust your BMW only assembly in Germany but enginee made by Austria by ROTAX https://www.rotax.com/en/products/rotax-powertrains/applications/onroad.html BMW enginner never design the F600 and F800 enginne. Same enginne using by KTM motorcyle also.

So who know how many shotguns brand names in world using Turkish made parts , But according to report in 2017 exporting 55 countries Shotguns and parts and total market volume was 55 million USD for 2017.

Thank you for your insight...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am 
Tournament Grade

zeda3000 wrote:

Example

Thank you for your insight...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 am 
Crown Grade

Thank you, zeda3000, for your detailed report on the state of the gun industry in your country. I'll bet a lot of the people who disparage Turkish guns would be shocked to read your post. There has never been a doubt in my mind that Turkey was going to be the next big manufacturing center for firearms. Looking at the similarities of the Basque gun trade in the 1960's and Turkey in the late 1990's was almost like it was history repeating itself right down to the vocal detractors who automatically hated anything built in those countries. From the lack of vitriol in the comments about Turkish guns on SGW now compared to when I first joined this forum, I think a lot of Turkish gun haters are eating a little crow right now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:32 am 
Field Grade

Riflemeister wrote:
Thank you, zeda3000, for your detailed report on the state of the gun industry in your country. I'll bet a lot of the people who disparage Turkish guns would be shocked to read your post. There has never been a doubt in my mind that Turkey was going to be the next big manufacturing center for firearms. Looking at the similarities of the Basque gun trade in the 1960's and Turkey in the late 1990's was almost like it was history repeating itself right down to the vocal detractors who automatically hated anything built in those countries. From the lack of vitriol in the comments about Turkish guns on SGW now compared to when I first joined this forum, I think a lot of Turkish gun haters are eating a little crow right now.

Dear Riflemeister , i am just transfering the data thats all. I am never says Turkish shotgun is best , which is realy not :) Also i cant say Turkish shotgun is rubbish . Turkish shotgun Industry playing for Entry Marketing. what you pay is what you get, very simple. Turkish Shotguns in USA market price average 200-400 USD . According to serial production quantity and customer negative feedback. Turkish shotgun production looks not so bad. I just understand people pay 250 USD to shotgun and expect Blaser performance like 3500 USD shotgun. My suggestion is if you looking for U/O Shotgun Turkish shotgun could be very competitive option. But if you looking Semi Automatic for speacil hunting , USA or European producer also will be good option.

Turkish shotgun producer also starting entry very diffrent level of shotgun production type which is Tactical Magazine loaded Shotguns . They are looks like AR15 , AK47 , Tavor or Ar10 . They are still learning the system and upgrading shotguns everyday. But looks like in next 5 year you will start to hear Turkish Tactical shooting shotguns.

I am also using Turkish Shotgun , i have Grand Huglu U/O and Hatsan Pump Action. Why i bought them ? Answer is simple , Cause they are cheap and working :)