ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinions on SAF
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:52 am 
Diamond Grade

I just came across an organization I'd not seen before, the Second Amendment Foundation. According to their website (www.saf.org) they've been around for about 40 years and I'm wondering if any here are familiar with it and what their opinions of it are.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Opinions on SAF
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 am 
Diamond Grade

Following

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:44 pm 
Diamond Grade

Anyone? Anyone??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 pm 
Field Grade

They are are solid pro gun rights organization. Very active in the legal arena. They are behind quite a few of the lawsuits that have defined the second amendment as an individual right as well as the court cases that forced Illinois to finally allow concealed carry. You will often see their name as well as NRA filing briefs in many of these cases. Alan Gottlieb is a well known author on gun rights as well as a speaker both at live events and on tv. Massad Ayood was recently appointed as their president after their long time president passed away. Ayood is pretty famous in the tactical training world and has been for many years. He too is an author and promoter of the second amendment. They are more of a grass roots type organization that flies under the radar so I too didn't realize until recently how long they have been around until fairly recently. They sure do good work though.

John

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 am 
Diamond Grade

Thanks, John. That was the impression I got reading thru their website. I missed seeing Ayood's name in there but have read a book he did sometime back and was very impressed by him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just joined as a lifetime member. They are filing suits against restrictions in the states. Massad Ayoob seems to know what he's talking about.