Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.newsweek.com/thoughts-praye ... ed-1445959

http://randywakeman.com/

Post subject: Re: NRA TV Cancelled
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here’s the reason given by the NRA for cancellation.
——
“Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment,” Wayne LaPierre, the N.R.A.’s longtime chief executive, wrote in a message to members that was expected to be sent out by Wednesday. “So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing ‘live TV’ programming.”

—-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:41 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

This is the e-mail from the NRA:

Quote:
Dear NRA Leader,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing “live TV” programming. Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, http://www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

– Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm 
Crown Grade

That is a start but I still would like to see executives within the NRA voluntarily take significant pay cuts.

The turmoil continues with Chris Cox now being fired for opposing Wayne LaPierre.

"The NRA filed an explosive lawsuit last week saying that Cox had betrayed the group’s longtime leader, Wayne LaPierre, by joining NRA President Oliver North in a coup attempt in April. That followed accusations of lavish spending against LaPierre."

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... wo-decades
Copyright © BloombergQuint

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... wo-decades

“When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

oyeme wrote:
That is a start but I still would like to see executives within the NRA voluntarily take significant pay cuts.

For what reason?

It is far too early to discern what is really going on, except that it is a mess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 pm 
Crown Grade

Randy, I feel that any not for profit organization should have adequately compensated leadership but nothing like I have heard that the NRA's Executive leadership receives. High 6 figures and even a 7 figure for one or two is too much. IAW, don't keep passing the hat while paying high salaries. You do not need to offer such incentive packages to obtain good competent leadership.

That's my heart felt beliefs regardless of the organization. I have been a supporter of the NRA for 47 years as a lifetime member and the last 10+ years as a Lifetime Benefactor member. Although I have asked, I have never known them to publish their compensation packages. Meanwhile very large not for profits like Salvation Army, USO and others that I also contribute to make it all very public.

Finally, as you said that since it is a mess; they should take some responsibility and dock themselves some pay for being a large part if not the genesis of the current chaos.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

oyeme wrote:
Randy, I feel that any not for profit organization should have adequately compensated leadership but nothing like I have heard that the NRA's Executive leadership receives. High 6 figures and even a 7 figure for one or two is too much. IAW, don't keep passing the hat while paying high salaries. You do not need to offer such incentive packages to obtain good competent leadership.

That's my heart felt beliefs regardless of the organization. I have been a supporter of the NRA for 47 years as a lifetime member and the last 10+ years as a Lifetime Benefactor member. Although I have asked, I have never known them to publish their compensation packages. Meanwhile very large not for profits like Salvation Army, USO and others that I also contribute to make it all very public.

Finally, as you said that since it is a mess; they should take some responsibility and dock themselves some pay for being a large part if not the genesis of the current chaos.

What you "have heard" is, of course, just gossip.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/NRA-Salaries-E8391.htm

Either you know, or you are just guessing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 pm 
Crown Grade

The salaries you publish are not for the executive leadership and are not outlandish. I will admit to not having a fully vetted figure on what some of those higher ups make. You can call it guessing and I will call it calculated guessing and supported by the fact that THEY HAVE YET TO DISCLOSE those figures. This is even though I have requested same on several occasions and for several years.

Why hide it from life long members such as myself or even the general membership? Is it because it is shamefully high, or? Just put the numbers out NRA. If you can get an answer from them please pass it on. If I am wrong I will stop pummeling them on the subject, and only use the correct figures going forward.

How about a gentlemen's wager between us? I say that the top 5 all make no less than $500,000 each and LaPierre makes 7 figures. I guess we will never know. Take care.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

There was NRA TV??? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

oyeme wrote:
The salaries you publish are not for the executive leadership and are not outlandish. I will admit to not having a fully vetted figure on what some of those higher ups make. You can call it guessing and I will call it calculated guessing and supported by the fact that THEY HAVE YET TO DISCLOSE those figures. This is even though I have requested same on several occasions and for several years.

I didn't claim that they were for executive leadership.

http://money.com/money/5178193/wayne-la ... ey-salary/

Quote:
Between 1985 and 1991, four different chiefs ran the NRA. But since Wayne LaPierre was named CEO in 1991, he has steadily led the organization to growing membership and revenue—and his pay has increased accordingly.

Quote:
According to OpenSecrets.org, the NRA spent $5.1 million in 2017 on lobbying politicians, up from about $1.5 million in the early ’00s. But this may not give a clear indication of the NRA’s influence. Total NRA expenditures reportedly hit $419 million in 2016, up from $312 million the prior year—including $30 million in support of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

Alright, let's say you don't like Wayne. Now what?

Lobbyists cost money. What do you want, the cheapest lobbyist? When the NRA pays to litigate against bad gun laws, do you want the cheapest lawyers on your side?

Wayne LaPierre is 69 years old, and doesn't need to work ever again if he doesn't care to. So, get rid of Wayne, and then what? That hardly changes the world of the NRA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:44 pm 
Crown Grade

I get repeated calls from the NRA to rejoin. Now I either let it ring or punch on-off as fast as I can. I have told them in the past to send me a list of the ten highest paid NRA executives and I will re-join.

I guess they value their secrecy more than they want a new member as I've never received a list.

I have no objection to wealthy execs and board members but I prefer that they attained that wealth before becoming a paid employee of the NRA.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:59 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Zbigniew wrote:
I get repeated calls from the NRA to rejoin. Now I either let it ring or punch on-off as fast as I can. I have told them in the past to send me a list of the ten highest paid NRA executives and I will re-join.

What's it to ya? Why would you think anyone's income is your business? It isn't. What is your income, and what is your name?

Naturally, the only reason media wants that information is to attack and discredit the NRA. Why do you think people want that information? We've all seen that movie before.

Sure, it is a mess, and with all the litigation, it is going to get messier. The NRA sued Ackerman McQueen and its subsidiary Mercury Group in April for withholding business records, after 38 years of working together. Expect the usual finger-pointing and mud-slinging.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

After the Civil War Confederate General Longstreet became a Republican, which didn’t sit well with his comrades in arms. There was lots of talk among the Confederate veteran’s organizations of how Longstreet was “slow at Gettysburg” and cost the South the war.

Over thirty years later finally Longstreet got his say at the annual Confederate veteran’s convention.

His speech was billed as “Why We Lost The War”

He stood up in front of tens of thousands of veteran’s and said:

The Yankees had a lot to do with it.

And sat down.

Wayne is sort of like Longstreet. Sure he made some mistakes, Ackerman spending huge sums on NRATV, Dana Loesch and her “closed fist of truth”, trying to peddle Carry Guard, the officers and board being more incestial than an hillbilly family reunion, etc.

But Everytown exposed just in April the NRA’s outgo exceeded income by a staggering amount of money over the last ten years, and it was Everytown that precipitated the failed coup, and the horrible publicity since.

The NRA has never really had a well organized, well financed, nationally recognized enemy like Everytown. They’ve been successful in getting banks and insurance companies and large corporations to not only donate, but discontinue relationships with the NRA. And then a simple records check and one article, led to the current crisis of confidence in the NRA by it's own loyal long time members.

Yesterday Wayne did something he should have done long ago, jettison Dana Loesch.

Sure she’s pretty, and she does talk dirty, but how in the world the NRA has any corporate sponsors left is a mystery.

Putting Klan robes on animated choo choo trains is not conducive to getting corporate sponsors.

Now Wayne can turn things around, if anybody can.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:54 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

SuperXOne wrote:
Yesterday Wayne did something he should have done long ago, jettison Dana Loesch.

You must have hit your head?

1) Everytown - Michael Bloomberg.

2) Everytown has been ineffectual.

3) There is no basis in fact or true that LaPierre somehow 'jettisoned' Dana Loesch.

4) The dispute is between the NRA and Ackerman-McQueen.

5) The NRA has been cutting back since November of last year. Old news: https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nratv-l ... n-mcqueen/ .

6) Dana Loesch hardly needs NRA-TV. http://danaloeschradio.com/ . She's been a successful author, TV personality, and widely syndicated radio host for years. She started her radio show in 2008 and was not involved with NRA-TV until 2017. As a matter of fact, Loesch debuted her daily TV Show, Dana, on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV in 2014 and left in November, 2017.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am 
Crown Grade

"Anyone's" income may or may not be my business. When an organization solicits money from me, that makes it MY business. And I've chosen not to participate in putting any more of my money in the pockets of people that are only in it to steal the organization blind.

If one has to ask "what's it to you," that's ample proof that he is incapable of understanding the difference between private enterprise where customers willingly pay a person for their product or service because they receive value for their money (Bill Gates) and a thief who is so ashamed of what he's stealing that he won't release the figure.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

RandyWakeman wrote:
SuperXOne wrote:

You must have hit your head?

1) Everytown - Michael Bloomberg.

2) Everytown has been ineffectual.

3) There is no basis in fact or true that LaPierre somehow 'jettisoned' Dana Loesch.

4) The dispute is between the NRA and Ackerman-McQueen.

5) The NRA has been cutting back since November of last year. Old news: https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nratv-l ... n-mcqueen/ .

6) Dana Loesch hardly needs NRA-TV. http://danaloeschradio.com/ . She's been a successful author, TV personality, and widely syndicated radio host for years. She started her radio show in 2008 and was not involved with NRA-TV until 2017. As a matter of fact, Loesch debuted her daily TV Show, Dana, on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV in 2014 and left in November, 2017.

Dana Loesch is a far right wing radio show host.

She ain’t Charlton Heston.:)

Everytown has used Dana Loesch in their outreach programs. She’s the biggest gift to Everytown since Ted Nugent.

And while Everytown is a tenth the size of the NRA, it’s solvent, out bribes more politicians than the NRA, and never has left wing radio talk show hosts as the face of Everytown. They cater to moms, mayors, schoolteachers, and school kids.

They’ve also made a mockery of “thoughts and prayers”.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/anti- ... and-nratv/

The NRA’s ad agency intentionally hired lightning rod right wingers to staff NRATV and even then viewership was miserable.

But it wasn’t Dana Loesch that exposed the NRA financial crisis about two months ago.

That was the NRA’s enemy, Everytown through their version of the Rifleman, “The Trace”

https://everytownresearch.org/nra-in-crisis/

The NRA would do far better, to hire America’s greatest living shotgun writer.

He’s a bit grouchy at times, but he’s a great writer and has enough sense not to antagonize everybody that doesn’t approve of Klan robes on Mattel toy trains.:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 am 
Crown Grade

Zbigniew’s Point is well taken. The NRA reminds me of the Red Cross — bloated salaries and waste with 90% of donations going to overhead. So they get nothing but blood from me, and I donate to the Salvation Army instead.

But there really isn’t any substitute for the NRA. Organizations like SAF and CCRKBA aren’t going to take its place. Like it or not the NRA is the face of the gun community, and every gun owner ought to at least be a member. We can only fix it from the inside. How many of us actually vote every year?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 am 
Diamond Grade

wasthestumper wrote:
There was NRA TV??? :shock:

hehe that was my thought as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:08 pm 
Crown Grade

More NRA news. LaPierre is getting his revenge on those who want him out:

https://www.getzone.com/news-nra-update ... 6.29_Ruger

-Securitization
Take your pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oliver North and Chris Cox attempted a coup and lost. The losers in an attempted coup are invariably ousted, for obvious reasons.