It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shell choices.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

Will, I shoot a K80 Parcour with fixed chokes that are pretty tight. Do you change shells for close targets? Inside 20 yards would a spreader load or #9 shot help or would you suggest staying with one shell? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Shell choices.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Skeeter,
I shoot almost exclusively FIOCCHI Crusher ( Nickel Plated ) 7.5's. They are an ounce of shot at 1300fps. I do, however, use a few ( very few ) FIOCCHI Interceptor Spreader's ( 1 ounce #8's ). I find that the Interceptors throw a +30 pattern at 20 yards, and its very evenly distributed. I might use a box of spreaders over the course of a whole tournament weekend, at most.

My testing did not show that switching to #9's did not gain enough pattern distribution to be worth the effort.

YMMV

Best,

Will

Will Fennell
http://www.willfennell.com

Post subject: Re: Shell choices.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thanks for your time. I carry a box of the interceptor shells with me and was wanting your opinion. Thanks again.