ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Blog Post! Working with Dr Richard Colo!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:41 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

We can't say enough good stuff about Dr Colo!

http://www.fennellshootingschool.com/blog/an-eye-opening-experience-with-dr-richard-colo

Best,

Will and Elizabeth
FennellShootingSchool

Will Fennell
www.fennellshootingschool.com

Post subject: Re: New Blog Post! Working with Dr Richard Colo!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 am 
Field Grade

What is your recommendation for somebody that is completely central vision. Jim tested me a few weeks back and I'm dead central. My good days I can compete at a local level and have shown the ability to be pretty descent. My bad days leave me in the 80's and I just can't seem to break out of the funk when it occurs. I've found shooting a high stock helps, it gets my eyes above the barrel so I can see. I know this can be worked through just not sure of the steps that need to be taken. Not sure the vision is a big problem but I do believe it impacts gun fit. Going to set up a few lesson with Greenwood in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

jmp,
Im assuming you are referring to 'Jim' as in Jim Greenwood? You are on the right track working with him, and I assume Jared G for the lessons?

A higher stock can certainly help, but I would hazard a guess that the 'funk' is simply loosing confidence for some reason( hard station, etc) and letting yourself become more muzzle aware, which is bad enough, but when you have central dominace, can be extremely debilitating. Trusting that being totally focused on the bird is that antidote. If you struggle with thatobscuring the off eye can help get back your confidence, and there for get rid of your 'funk'.

Tough situation to diagnose over the internet. Put your trust in Jared and Jim.

Best,

Will

Will Fennell
www.fennellshootingschool.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:00 pm 
Field Grade

Will,
Thanks for the response. Yes, Jim and Jared were my reference. I trust them both and will work through this. I knew the topic would be a tough question for the internet. Wasn't looking for the magic bullet just generally what you have seen that may have helped.
My problem generally speaking isn't ever at the tough stations or target presentations. I generally do quite well on these. It elevates my mental focus and causes that little extra something. I struggle more (like everyone else) with the stuff that we should break.
Where there is a problem, hard work and dedication will result in best outcome.

Debilitating is a great word. Plan and focus will get me in a better place.

Thanks for the response.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am 
Tournament Grade

Will Fennell wrote:
We can't say enough good stuff about Dr Colo!

http://www.fennellshootingschool.com/blog/an-eye-opening-experience-with-dr-richard-colo

Best,

Will and Elizabeth
FennellShootingSchool

I just had the pleasure of shooting with Richard at Ben Avery for the World Super Sporting. I great squad member! Tell him he owes me a .410 shell <G>

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

S - I'm sure someone stole a box out of my bag and it had nothing to do with having to shoot 2 shells at every single :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 am 
Tournament Grade

I did last week. I was lucky that I had some knowledge of my eyes from my grandfather that was Optometrist. I am very lucky that also I am only 1 hour away from Dr. Colo But if you think you having any issues due to your eyes it is the best money spent. This is something you need to do before you even think about a lesson with a pro. Once you have and understanding of how your eyes work for shooting and have the correct lens package tailored to you then you can go get a few good lessons from a pro. Everything I had on my so called complaint list he basically told me after the eye evaluation before I could even ask why.
For me this trip to Dr. Colo was like having the secret part for my racecar that will make me win every race.

Know that I am getting into sporting clays and 5 stand I will schedule a lesson with you Will. Only have 1 problem I don't have a flat rib gun just a Kolar max skeet lite with the adjustable rib. So I need to borrow your gun for the lesson.