CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Citori Satin Hunter vs. other O/U Shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a chance to buy a NIB Citori Satin Hunter for $1200 from Dick's in Missouri by September 6. I will primarily use it for waterfowl hunting, trap, skeet and sporting clays. I am returning a Remington 105 CTI II that has been a GREAT disappointment for a full refund from Remington. I shoot left handed and thought the 105 with the bottom eject feature would be what I could use in the duck blind.

Please advise if this is a good price and worthwhile replacement :?:

Post subject: Re: Browning Citori Satin Hunter vs. other O/U Shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:17 pm 
Crown Grade

wbowhunt wrote:
I have a chance to buy a NIB Citori Satin Hunter for $1200 from Dick's in Missouri by September 6. I will primarily use it for waterfowl hunting, trap, skeet and sporting clays. I am returning a Remington 105 CTI II that has been a GREAT disappointment for a full refund from Remington. I shoot left handed and thought the 105 with the bottom eject feature would be what I could use in the duck blind.

Please advise if this is a good price and worthwhile replacement :?:

Any Citori is a good gun. The current Satin Hunter is my favorite field-grade Browning, and $1200 is as low as you'll find for NIB.

Be aware that waterfowl, trap, skeet, and sporting clays are 4 distinct uses - no single gun will excel in all 4 areas. Having said that, I can't think of any disappointed Citori owners (myself included).

I'm also a big Remington fan, but the 105CTI is far too complex and too "new" for my tastes. I'll stick to my 1100s and 870s.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 am 
Crown Grade

I think it is time to pull the trigger. Good gun, good price, and probably as good of a compromise as there is for all of your uses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 am 
Presentation Grade

I bought one a couple years ago for about the same price. I've been pleased with mine. Just a plain, solid, well built gun. Nothing fancy, but a Citori. You know it will shoot up to 3.5", right? Good choice.

jed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:24 pm 
Utility Grade

GREAT NEWS! I went to another Dick's and was able to buy the Citori Hunter for $1048 after negotiating with the manager on discounting the gun because of a nick in the forearm plus $150 rebate for shotgun shells! I dove hunted with it today and shot 9 doves with only 1 miss!

LIFE IS GREAT:D