Shotgun Forum banner

Blaser 34 Inch

3K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  pm30 
#1 ·
I had a chance to handle all of the big competition shotguns together this weekend and hands down the Blaser 34 inch barrel F3 was the BEST feeling gun of them all. It feels and handles beautifully. Had a chance to shoot a 32 inch that day but the 34 is the ticket!! Anyone have one? Would you buy it again?

#6 ·
Blaser barrels all weigh the same, although the different lengths will handle a little differently. They have a forend weight system for those who like more weight in the front end. If somebody wants weight in the front end, they can have my pre-Z gun Zoli Kronos with 32" 1690 barrels. RA has permanently removed by ability to handle anything that heavy.
Dave

#7 ·
I handled Perazzi (32) Kreigoff (32) Blaser (32) Zoli (32) Beretta 682 (32) Beretta DT-10 (32) Caesar Ga all models (32-34) and none of them came close to feeling like the Blaser 34. The Perazzi mx-2000 was the closest but didn't like the feel of the Zoli Kronas at all. They were all on one table and I could switch back and forth between them in seconds so the comparisons were immediate. I guess its my gun opinion but the sight plane and the way the gun moved was awsome. I also loved the Blaser grip! Very comfortable. I made up my mind!

#8 ·
jweb1010 said:
I handled Perazzi (32) Kreigoff (32) Blaser (32) Zoli (32) Beretta 682 (32) Beretta DT-10 (32) Caesar Ga all models (32-34) .......They were all on one table and I could switch back and forth between them in seconds so the comparisons were immediate.
this goes to show that you don't need to buy a gun, shoot it for 5 years and then decide whether it is right for you or not, as some of the "experience" shooters have suggested in threads past. That's just b.s. If you handle a gun and don't like the way it "feels", why the hell would you shoot it for a couple years to see if it really fits you or not? Common sense seems to be lacking in that way of thinking. You can determine if a gun suits you just by handling it, maybe even go as far as shooting a round or two of clays with it.

enjoy your Blaser, you will like it. Are you getting a good deal on a new one? The revamped versions, that supposely has all the kinks worked out of it are coming out soon, this fall. And where did you go to handle all the different guns that you tried out? I would like to handle a 34" Blaser myself.

#9 ·
Sernv99,

Just a small correction ....

Yes a person can assess the suitability of a gun by swinging it and getting a feel for it without actually shooting it ...... if they have enough experience to know what a gun that suits them feels like, perhaps more experience than most can usually attain in only one year of shooting !

If you care to look back over the posts that took place around that very subject you will in fact see that I said that a Blaser felt a certain way based on my handling and swinging of it only (not shooting it) and you responded by ridiculing me for offering an opinion without even having shot the gun.

In fact you said ...... " yeah an opinion based on holding a Blaser F3 :roll: WTF! and what's your experience with the CG? seems to me you don't have any experience with neither gun. When you contribute to a "gun opinion" thread, at least have street credibility by actually have used the gun before you offer your opinion. Otherwise the original poster is wise to disregard such unsupported opinions. "

You might want to make up your mind which way you feel before posting comments, in the meantime I will disregard your unsupported opinions !!! :lol:

Bryce

#10 ·
Bryce

small correction: your argument was that a Blaser isn't in the same league quality wise as a Perazzi, and your "opinion" on this was just holding it :lol: :lol: did the OP say the Blaser was of better quality than the other guns? That was YOUR argument or is select amnesia catching on in your part of the world :roll:

so either spend MORE time pouring over your old notes to get the facts straight or go find someone else to harass, trying to punk me out will get you nowhere :roll: :roll: :roll:

#11 ·
Lets face it this is a Chevy-Ford thing here. I do believe that if a gun is comfortable in your hands it will add confidence in your shooting. As far as quality I think that noone would argue that any of the guns I handled would be considered low quality. There are lemons in all guns. I've watched Kriegoffs double fire at the Zone shoot. A brand new Dt-10 in my group wouldn't fire the 2nd barrel. The rumors of Guerinins blowing up. Ribs falling off Perazzis. If you search this site there is not one gun that won't have issues brought up about them. Lets face it there will be issues with all guns as there is with anything in life. I was at Nemacolin Shooting Academy and High Grade Shooters was thers with all of the guns. Their prices have been unbeatable in my searches and are very nice to deal with. Just dont buy My Blaser :D

#12 ·
Just to throw in I shoot a Beretta 391 with a 30 inch barell so I am used to looking down a sight plane that is around 34 inches and is a little light in the barrels. I do want to add some weight up front but dont want a boat anchor with 34 inch barrels. I think Blaser is a step ahead of everyone in this area. Not to mention being able to put a different gauge barrel on there and it weighing the same. Pretty amazing noone did this before! Or at least to this level of ease. Why learn to shoot a gun that you dont love the way it feels. You are going to have a learning period with any gun.

#14 ·
Sernv99.

Just so you have the correct facts I went back to the post (no I haven't been "pouring" over the posts, I can use the search feature) and copied what I said.

The poster asked about Blaser vs Caesar Guerini.

I said " .......... I haven't shot a Blaser but I handled one the other day. It was an odd feeling gun in terms of balance. I shoot a 32 inch fixed choke Perazzi and it has that excellent Perazzi balance, weight evenly distributed and the gun feels lighter than it actually is.

The Blaser, it to was a 32 inch, was just to opposite. It felt like there was very little weight between the hands and it was all out at each end. If felt like I was holding a wooden rod with weight hanging off each end. I never shot the gun but it didn't endear itself to me based just on handling and swinging it ! ............. "

That is a comment on the balance of the gun based on handling it only, I don't make any comparison to a Perazzi other than the "feel", nothing about it being a better gun overall, I do later add that he might consider a Perazzi as an option if he is spending Blaser kind of money.

Then you responded with " ............ yeah an opinion based on holding a Blaser F3 :roll: WTF! and what's your experience with the CG? seems to me you don't have any experience with neither gun. When you contribute to a "gun opinion" thread, at least have street credibility by actually have used the gun before you offer your opinion. Otherwise the original poster is wise to disregard such unsupported opinions. " You might want to make up your mind which way you feel before posting comments, in the meantime I will disregard your unsupported opinions !!! :lol: ....... "

Now you are saying that it is entirely fine to form an opinion based on just swinging the gun around, seems you said one thing in the earlier thread because you wanted to try and discredit my comments and now you say just the opposite because you want to run down the "experienced" (your word choice) shooters that don't agree with you.

"Harass you" ... "Punking you" !! give me a f..kin break, what are you a 16 year old ???

The facts of what was said are stated above, copied and pasted for absolute correctness, what smart rs comeback will you think up this time ??

You are simply deciding what to say based on the situation so you have something to add to a thread that you believes makes you look like somebody with an opinion that others might listen to or you think is winding up your detractors, not based on what you actually know based on a decent amount of experience.

How are the free targets going ? Have you asked the club management if they are OK with you stealing from them ??

Bryce

#16 ·
Bryce. said:
Sernv99.

Just so you have the correct facts I went back to the post (no I haven't been "pouring" over the posts, I can use the search feature) and copied what I said.

The poster asked about Blaser vs Caesar Guerini.

I said " .......... I haven't shot a Blaser but I handled one the other day. It was an odd feeling gun in terms of balance. I shoot a 32 inch fixed choke Perazzi and it has that excellent Perazzi balance, weight evenly distributed and the gun feels lighter than it actually is.

The Blaser, it to was a 32 inch, was just to opposite. It felt like there was very little weight between the hands and it was all out at each end. If felt like I was holding a wooden rod with weight hanging off each end. I never shot the gun but it didn't endear itself to me based just on handling and swinging it ! ............. "

That is a comment on the balance of the gun based on handling it only, I don't make any comparison to a Perazzi other than the "feel", nothing about it being a better gun overall, I do later add that he might consider a Perazzi as an option if he is spending Blaser kind of money.

Then you responded with " ............ yeah an opinion based on holding a Blaser F3 :roll: WTF! and what's your experience with the CG? seems to me you don't have any experience with neither gun. When you contribute to a "gun opinion" thread, at least have street credibility by actually have used the gun before you offer your opinion. Otherwise the original poster is wise to disregard such unsupported opinions. "

You might want to make up your mind which way you feel before posting comments, in the meantime I will disregard your unsupported opinions !!! :lol: ....... "

Now you are saying that it is entirely fine to form an opinion based on just swinging the gun around.

"Harass you" ... "Punking you" !! give me a f..kin break, what are you a 16 year old ???

You are simply deciding what to say based on the situation so you have something to add to a thread that you believes makes you look like somebody with an opinion that others might listen to, not based on what you actually know based on a decent amount of experience.

How are the free targets going ? Have you asked the club management if they are OK with you stealing from them ??

Bryce
you need to re-read the thread that you are sourcing.....when you do, you will find it is about which gun is better overall....the OP here is talking about what gun felt best for him to buy. You interject about wood quality, fit and finish, etc. Does wood quality and fit and finish have anything to do with gun fit? Things that make you go mmmmm :roll:

yeah, my club doesn't mind me taking free targets. I mean the economy is not so bad here anymore that 3 extra clay birds will put them out of business, but what do i know, we have a lot of internet arm chair economists on here who think otherwise :lol:

to the OP: I'm glad you have a positive experience with Hi-Grade. I didn't.

#17 ·
Sernv99,

The above is an accurate representation of what my original comments in that thread were and what your response was, a response that now turns around and bites you in the backside because you now say completely the opposite, seems you are not clever enough to remember what drivel you spouted out only weeks ago !

The rest of whatever may have been said in that thread was the result of you sticking your oar in and stirring up the anti Perazzi pro anything else pot just to have a wind up for the sake of your own misguided pleasure.

I wish I could just ignore your posts Sernv99 but you are just such an irritating SOB you make it hard to do that, but that is exactly what you set out to be isn't it !

You are so full of it about the free targets ...... no club on the planet is going to give you and anybody else that cares to ask permission to take free targets here and there as you see fit !! You didn't even ask them did you .......

Bryce

#18 ·
Bryce. said:
Sernv99,

The above is an accurate representation of what my original comments in that thread were and what your response was, a response that now turns around and bites you in the backside because you now say completely the opposite, seems you are not clever enough to remember what drivel you spouted out only weeks ago !

The rest of whatever may have been said in that thread was the result of you sticking your oar in and stirring up the anti Perazzi pro anything else pot just to have a wind up for the sake of your own misguided pleasure.

I wish I could just ignore your posts Sernv99 but you are just such an irritating SOB you make it hard to do that, but that is exactly what you set out to be isn't it !

You are so full of it about the free targets ...... no club on the planet is going to give you and anybody else that cares to ask permission to take free targets here and there as you see fit !! You didn't even ask them did you .......

Bryce
you seriously need help.....I don't know why you are harassing me and obsessed with me, trying to spin stuff. Anyone who doesn't like a Pizzeria, I mean Perazzi, you seem to be obsessed with in harassing them. Makes me wonder how you act in real life :shock:

#19 ·
Oh for heavens sake Sernv99, you will need to do better than that !

I am not obsessed with you and I don't harass you, get a grip on reality man, I ask again ... are you 16 ? I am surprised that you don't type your posts in text language !

I simply call you on the garbage that you spout forth here ! Like this thread right here ..... a matter of weeks ago you were belittling me for commenting on a guns balanced based on only handling it only, now you are saying that is perfectly correct to do so.

Bryce

#20 ·
Bryce. said:
Oh for heavens sake Sernv99, you will need to do better than that !

I am not obsessed with you and I don't harass you, get a grip on reality man, I ask again ... are you 16 ? I am surprised that you don't type your posts in text language !

I simply call you on the garbage that you spout forth here !

Bryce
no, you simply can't accept the fact that some on here would rather shoot a Z or Blaser or other lower priced gun than a Pizzeria, I mean Perazzi.....just look at your posts on here and on trapshooters.com....you like to bait folks for some reason, bored at home? :roll: you don't handle rejection well, do you?

#21 ·
Sernv99,

It isn't anything to do with gun brands, it is about the fact that you are an idiot !

I have never had any issue with anything on ts, don't make out like I have simply because it suits your agenda, seems you are selective with the truth as well as being selective with your memory.

You have irritated enough people here that we all know what sort of person you are Sernv99, making up a little story about me being on some sort of mission to follow all your posts and harass you and bait people to make anti Perazzi comments and then jump on them isn't going to do anything to change peoples opinion of you that you have already created.

Bryce

#23 ·
Thanks for the input RTA.

You are completely right but if he is going to infer that I have some sort of vendetta against him, make comments about me and my conduct that are simply not true and make remarks out me personally simply because I questioned his contradictory posts I will comment back whether you approve or not ..... sorry.

#24 ·
Bryce. said:
Thanks for the input RTA.

You are completely right but if he is going to infer that I have some sort of vendetta against him, make comments about me and my conduct that are simply not true and make remarks out me personally simply because I questioned his contradictory posts I will comment back whether you approve or not ..... sorry.
:roll:
well, ummm, if you have to resort to calling people arrogant SOBs without provocation because you don't agree with them, I'd say you have some issues that you need to take offline here and not spam this forum with.

#26 ·
To the OP: My wife started using a Blaser in May of this year.

She quickly punched out of E class , then in one weekend punched out of D class. The gun has the handling dynamics she likes and is also light enough for her to handle well.

She had been shooting a K 80 and though the gun was perfect in all ways, it was simply too heavy for her. The Blaser is more than one lb lighter.

I am impressed w/ the gun's triggers and I have owned Krieghoffs and Perazzis.

Enjoy your new gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.