It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Girsan inertia driven shotguns?
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 am 
Field Grade

These recently popped up @ buds gun shop. I wish I could find more info on them. The video makes them look pretty good and buds is backing them up with a guarantee. Anyone out there take a chance on them yet/planning to? Whatcha think? Carbon fiber looks pretty wild...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/categories.php?cat=1389&name=Girsan_Shotguns

SEMPER FI!

Post subject: Re: Girsan inertia driven shotguns?
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

I saw them and watched the video, but for that price I just couldn't do it.

There are way too many proven designs out there for just a little more money. And there are no shots or video of the internal setup. Is it a spring on tube like a Franchi or Stoeger, or internal spring like a Benelli?

For $699 (I've seen them for less) you can get a Franchi Affinity. If Randy Wakeman likes it, you know it's good.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Girsan shotguns are manufactured in Turkey.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 am 
Field Grade

spoonbill82 wrote:
Girsan shotguns are manufactured in Turkey.

I'd like to prevent this thread from going down that road spoonbill. I appreciate the input though.

SEMPER FI!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would want to know more about the warranty before I would buy a Girsan.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Without naming exactly where, it's made in a country that is 98/99% muslim. I'm not politically correct enough to overlook that issue with the gun. In my opinion, way too many Americans are however.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oldfarmer....

While your description of Turkey as overwhelmingly Muslim is accurate, I feel compelled to remind you that Turkey has been a reliable American ally for well over 50 years. While I certainly will not condemn you for being "politically incorrect" (since I usually am myself) I do think that you should counterbalance your thoughts about their religion with thoughts of the loyalty Turkey has shown the United States over the course of over a half century.....Especially after the way JFK betrayed Turkey.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Go beyond 50 years and the picture is radically different. Just say'n..... and 50 years ain't all that long.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Being manufactured in Turkey is not the problem for me, as I've owned a few Turkish semi-autos without issue.

While Muslim, Turkey is not a mud hut third world country. They modernized big-time in the mid 20th century and have an educated population with a lot of industry.

My only issue with the Girsan is that it's a brand new design from a new to America company. When a Stoeger or Franchi (Benelli subsidiaries) is available for less or slightly more money, I'd feel like that was a safer bet personally.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

SS wrote:
Go beyond 50 years and the picture is radically different. Just say'n..... and 50 years ain't all that long.

In this modern world, 50 years IS a long time. And if you want to be technical about it and say that Turkey's friendship with the West started when they declared war on Germany in '45, then Turkey's friendship with the West goes back 68 years. If you want to date Turkey's friendship with the West to when they sign treaties of mutual assistance with Britain and France then their friendship with the West goes back to '39.....74 years. Though of course from '39 to '45 Turkey's only real interest was in staying out of WWII

It still amazes me that after the way JFK betrayed Turkey that they remained our ally.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with a new semi-auto from Turkey. I was just disappointed to see someone suggesting that because Turkey is predominently Muslim that that somehow makes them an enemy of the West.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Just saying, the Hindus didn't fly the planes into the World Trade Center, the Buddhists didn't fly the plane into the Pentigon, the Lutherns didn't bomb the Boston Marrithon... Besides, isnt opium really Turkeys biggest export.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you 2few, this thread is about what information we can find on the new Girsan. There is a political section for expressing views on countries and thier religions. Pease keep those discussions there. Stop hijacking this thread with garbage please gentlemen.

Anyone get any information about the warranty @ Buds Gun Shop? I've been to busy to call them up recently.

SEMPER FI!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know anything about their shotguns but one of my customers bought a Girsan 1911 pistol from Bud's. I handled the transfer for him so I got to look at it. It was, without a doubt, the biggest turd I've ever seen passed off as a 1911 pistol. I don't have a scale, but I'm pretty sure the trigger weight would have topped 12 pounds. Just a total piece of crap . . . I fully expected the customer to refuse the transfer and ask me to ship it back, but he took the thing home.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm 
Field Grade

What's the favorite 1911 in you're collection? I think mine would have to be my series 80 colt commander.

SEMPER FI!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oldfarmer wrote:
Just saying, the Hindus didn't fly the planes into the World Trade Center, the Buddhists didn't fly the plane into the Pentigon, the Lutherns didn't bomb the Boston Marrithon

Quite right. I was merely pointing out that regardless of the religious choices made by most Turks, their government has a longstanding history of being a friend to the West in general and the United States specifically.

Last edited by 2fewdaysafield on Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:36 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Skeet Commander wrote:
What's the favorite 1911 in you're collection? I think mine would have to be my series 80 colt commander.

I don't have a 1911 collection. But that's not really the point. All I was trying to convey was that I was not impressed by the one Girsan product I saw. I might have been a case of individual variation, but that gun did not inspire confidence in the brand.

BTW, I looked at the link to Girsan shotguns on Bud's Guns. These don't appear to be budget guns necessarily. Price-wise, they are in the same range as CZ or Mossberg shotguns. So, you're faced with spending your money on brands that have some track record and a fair amount of user experience to draw upon or spending your money on a complete unknown. I know what I would do.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:14 am 
Field Grade

Actually 2few, I was thanking you for mentioning that the posts hadn't been about the Girsan. I think Bladeswitcher got the idea when I asked him about the 1911. I wanted him to clarify his experience and he did. We're still tracking gentlemen, and thank you all for the intell so far. I plan on calling Buds after I go of duty on Monday to find out about their warranty if no one has posted anything by then.

SEMPER FI!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My apologies Skeet Commander.....I misunderstood the nature of your posts. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:41 am 
Field Grade

No worries 2few! Electronic communication is the most easily misunderstood form. :cool:

SEMPER FI!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That they are! Lacking tone, inflection and facial expression they are easy to misinterpret.