It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli Vinci Cordoba vs. Beretta A300 - Help!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey Guys!

I've been reading here for a while, and finally decided to post to get your opinions.

I'm looking for a new semiauto shotgun for trap and sporting clays. I've narrowed it down to the Beretta A300 and the Benelli Vinci Cordoba (not super vinci). They both seem like great guns, and seem to fit me equally as well, which has me torn between the two.

The kicker is that my LGS has the Benelli Vinci Cordoba on sale for only about $200 more than the (synthetic stock) A300, which seems like a really good deal.

So which one would you choose, and why?

Thanks!

Last edited by jsferrazza on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Benelli Vinci vs. Beretta A300 - Help!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Beretta. Don't like most inertia guns or the looks of the Vinci.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

If it's synthetic stock I'd probably go with the Beretta also . Neither would actually be my choice but the A300 in synthetic would be my choice . I don't care for the oiled wood stock on a A300 but I wouldn't want a B. Vinci either . If I chose a Benelli I'd go with the Benelli Montefeltro or SBE II .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:35 am 
Field Grade

Have you had the opportunity to shoot both? If you have, then you don't need an answer from anyone but yourself.

If not I strongly suggest you shoot them both. The Beretta is worthy average shooter that most anyone can get along with. The Vinci is a unique shotgun that shooters either love or hate. Shoot the Vinci, if you love shooting it, then buy it and never look back. If you hate it or even just think its ok, then go a different route. The Vinci is a great hunting shotgun if you like it, but I'm not sure I would buy it as a dedicated clays gun.

Ive shot both but only own the Vinci. It will cycle 1200fps 7/8 oz loads but nothing lighter and the only failure Ive ever had was from a very dirty gun fired without a proper mount. Now full disclosure, I love my Vinci but I shoot a Kolar Max Lite for all clay target stuff any more. I only shoot the Vinci from September to January. The Vinci has been my go to field gun since I bought it the year it was introduced. I bought an Ethos last year, fired a round of skeet and a round of sporting, then took it home to SD for wild pheasant. I used the Ethos for half a day and then gave it to my buddy and went back to the Vinci. I do enjoy shooting a 20ga Montefeltro just about as much as the Vinci.

Most importantly, buy what fits and feels the best and learn not to care what other people think of your choice. If you buy a Vinci, be prepared to listen to people talk sh*t about it, at least until you outshout them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 am 
Crown Grade

Benelli will have more felt recoil than a gas gun. Recoil is a factor when shooting clays which you can shoot 100-200 shells per day.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:52 am 
Utility Grade

Gold E wrote:
Have you had the opportunity to shoot both? If you have, then you don't need an answer from anyone but yourself.

If not I strongly suggest you shoot them both. The Beretta is worthy average shooter that most anyone can get along with. The Vinci is a unique shotgun that shooters either love or hate. Shoot the Vinci, if you love shooting it, then buy it and never look back. If you hate it or even just think its ok, then go a different route. The Vinci is a great hunting shotgun if you like it, but I'm not sure I would buy it as a dedicated clays gun.

Ive shot both but only own the Vinci. It will cycle 1200fps 7/8 oz loads but nothing lighter and the only failure Ive ever had was from a very dirty gun fired without a proper mount. Now full disclosure, I love my Vinci but I shoot a Kolar Max Lite for all clay target stuff any more. I only shoot the Vinci from September to January. The Vinci has been my go to field gun since I bought it the year it was introduced. I bought an Ethos last year, fired a round of skeet and a round of sporting, then took it home to SD for wild pheasant. I used the Ethos for half a day and then gave it to my buddy and went back to the Vinci. I do enjoy shooting a 20ga Montefeltro just about as much as the Vinci.

Most importantly, buy what fits and feels the best and learn not to care what other people think of your choice. If you buy a Vinci, be prepared to listen to people talk sh*t about it, at least until you outshout them.

Great response! Unfortunately I don't have a way to be able to shoot both. They both fit me well as is, and are adjustable in drop and cast in case I need to make some minor adjustments. It sucks not being able to shoot them, and having to go in "blind", which is why I'm just trying to get some opinions.

Post subject: Re: Benelli Vinci Cordoba vs. Beretta A300 - Help!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:52 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

jsferrazza wrote:
the Benelli Vinci Cordoba

Perhaps the Vinci Cordoba is discontinued? This is what it is, or was: http://www.benelli.it/en/products/semia ... ci-cordoba .

I'd get the Vinci: still have one and it does well at sporting clays, though it isn't at all my version of a trap gun.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:33 pm 
Crown Grade

I own an A300 and I shoot it for sporting clays, and even Fitasc events from time to time. It's a great gun, it cycles everything, shoots and swings smooth, and really is a delight to shoot. Everyone that I have let shoot it, loves it, and or has gone on to buy one.

Another thing to consider and think about is that the A300 comes with shims for adjustment, as well as length of pull. Meaning that you can fit the A300 to you!

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Gold E wrote:

I have not had the opportunity to shoot a Vinci yet but the Montefeltro I have as well as the A300 . The Montefeltro is very nice and I still prefer my Franchi Affinity over the A300 .

jsferrazza wrote:
Great response! Unfortunately I don't have a way to be able to shoot both. They both fit me well as is, and are adjustable in drop and cast in case I need to make some minor adjustments. It sucks not being able to shoot them, and having to go in "blind", which is why I'm just trying to get some opinions.

I there is a shotgun range for trap/skeet within driving range of your location you can have some options to shoot . Most ranges will carry a variety of shotguns available to shoot . That's how I was able to shoot the A300 and the Montefeltro both in synthetic . The Montefeltro is a very nice SG .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

JMHO, at that price difference.......the Vinci......and I'm no Benelli fan.

Remington 870 Wingmaster 20GA
Remington 1100 20GA
Browning BPS 20GA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:40 pm 
Utility Grade

ronlhodges wrote:
I have not had the opportunity to shoot a Vinci yet but the Montefeltro I have as well as the A300

I there is a shotgun range for trap/skeet within driving range of your location you can have some options to shoot . Most ranges will carry a variety of shotguns available to shoot . That's how I was able to shoot the A300 and the Montefeltro both in synthetic . The Montefeltro is a very nice SG .

Unfortunately my local trap & skeet club doesn't rent either of these two guns for me to be able to try them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am 
Limited Edition

I have both A300's and Benellis, I like them both, but for different reasons. The Benellis are my go to hunting guns. Light and quick, but for extended clays I find the recoil a bit snappy. Both my boys shoot an A300 for clays. They are both very reliable and very soft shooting. I feel that the Benelli guns are of a better build quality than the A300. That being said, for your criteria of a Clays gun, I would go A300 (synthetic) for the adjustable LOP and low recoil.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 pm 
Field Grade

For clay games, I'd probably stick with the A300 or another gas gun. For me, inertia guns are a bit too much wear and tear over extended sessions, and I will often shoot 200+ shells in a session (whether skeet, clays, whatever).

Another option that feels better than the A300 to me is the Weatherby SA-08. The price point is about the same, but you can get some gorgeous wood on what is generally reported to be a reliable gas autoloader. I've shot them, and they're also fun to shoot and easy to break down and clean. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm 
Field Grade

I have an A400. One of my shooting buddies shoots a Vinci in the Super Sport model. When I first saw the gun my impression was that it was ugly. After borrowing it to shoot whenever I get in a slump or for occasional rounds I now think it is beautiful. It points and swings naturally. It is a sporting clays buster. I want one and my A400 is for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 am 
Limited Edition

A300 in a heart beat. I own one and am super happy with it. Shot my buddies benelli, did not care for it. The recoil felt pretty odd, and it gave me a head ache. My only beef is the blueing on the A300 scratches easy, but its not a super expensive gun so they have to cut corners some where.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:15 am 
Crown Grade

shot my A300 yesterday for a registered event, knocked a 40 out of 50 down in my five stand event, and earned me a punch.......I got alot of goofy looks from guys wondering what I was shooting and why.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member