It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Cynergy CX opinions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looking for info on a Cynergy CX, only one I've held is a field model. Can't find much for reviews of the CX as far as durability. Wondering how the 32" barrel is for balance also. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Browning Cynergy CX opinions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm 
Limited Edition

I think the Cynergy CX is only made in one model. Barrels are available in various lengths.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 pm 
Crown Grade

There are no field models, CX denotes a target gun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yep, I was trying to say the only Cynergy I've handled was a field model. Was curious if any volume shooters are using or have used the gun, and how it held up. The price is definitely
right on the gun. Seems like people love or hate the looks of the gun but can't find much else as far as performance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Well, I can't speak for the CX exactly, but had been using my older field model exclusively for skeet and sporting clays up until I bought my Beretta 682 then I have still been using it when my wife lets go of it. If I have to estimate, it probably saw 15,000 rounds over the last year and I shoot it much better than the 682. Only issue I ever had were the two screws on the plastic piece under the forearm worked loose one time, I tightened them back up and check them regularly now and have never had them loosen again. I assume they must have been somewhat loose from the factory.

I am planning on picking up a CX soon to hold me over until I save up for a CG Summit. I think it will be money well spent since everybody that shoots my field Cynergy including myself, my wife and my nephew shoot it well.

It's also hard to beat the fact that it comes with mechanical reset triggers if your planning on shooting sub-gauges.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks K1, you sure don't here or see much on this gun. I'm thinking a CX with 32" barrels would be a nice clays gun if it balances ok. Need to find one near me to see how it feels. Thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 am 
Crown Grade

Did Browning drop the Citori CX? I could have bought one for $1499 and didn't. Now I'm kicking myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 am 
Tournament Grade

I have the black composite 32" barrels for 6 months now. Works for me . Shoot trap and sporting clays and very happy. Let me know if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:40 pm 
Crown Grade

wttex wrote:
I have the black composite 32" barrels for 6 months now. Works for me . Shoot trap and sporting clays and very happy. Let me know if you have any questions.

That's the one I want!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Halwg wrote:
Did Browning drop the Citori CX? I could have bought one for $1499 and didn't. Now I'm kicking myself.

No. It is called a limited production model.

http://www.browning.com/products/firear ... ility.html
These started out as the Crossover Target a couple of years ago.
Each time Browning makes a change to this gun they count the previous version as discontinued.
The changes are minor and usually cosmetic but it's the same gun underneath and still in production.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:48 pm 
Field Grade

Halwg wrote:

The Citori CX is still available, I picked one up last week. The $100.00 rebate ended on 12/31/16 though. I am really liking my Citori, Glad I bought it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

There seems to be a lot of Citori and Cynergy CX guns for sale on line. The Cynergy has been hard to find at my LGS. Price wise guns seem to about the same. Cynergy shows 1 5/8 DOC and 2" DOH, I would sure like to shoulder one. I have read that the gun is light recoiling also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

I got to see and shoot a CX today at the range and I was very impressed. The gentleman who owned it said he bought it because he didn't want the ported barrels of the 725 and he said the non ported 725's were hard to find. Beretta O/U's are what I shoot because for one reason, they fit me. The CX lined up very nicely for me as well which surprised me.

To me it looks like a lot of gun for a great price. I think it could definitely cut into the sales of the 725 and the Silver Pigeon I. This gentleman told me what he bought it for new with the $100.00 rebate from Browning and I think it was a steal!

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 am 
Field Grade

I picked one up a few weeks back, with 30" barrels.....it seems to balance very well, and swings nicely. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, maybe this week with nicer temps in KC. Big selling point for me over the Citori.......satin finished wood......high gloss scares me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Cluttrell, What length barrel did the gun have? What did you think as far as recoil and muzzle jump? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

Big River,
The gun had a 30" barrel and the recoil as well as the muzzle jump didn't seem to be any more than any of my 3 Beretta sporting 12 gauge O/U's. I have not looked at the specs for this gun but it felt like it was shy of the 8 pound mark. I was shooting 7/8 ounce loads at 1250 fps through it so take that into account as well. I did notice the length of pull was shorter than what I normally shoot and the gentleman who owned the gun said the LOP was 14 1/4" when I questioned him about it.

The rib ramped up about 1/4" so it certainly is not a high rib gun but not a flat rib either. That was a little "different" to me but it was ok. I will certainly recommend this gun for anyone looking for a good quality, inexpensive O/U. Again, it's citori quality at a good price.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:08 pm 
Field Grade

I saw one of these at a LGS near me, it had the 32" barrels in it and felt great. Price seemed good too for what it was. Good to know it seems to be a decent gun I'm certainly considering it now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Cluttrell, thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:59 am 
Field Grade

I traded a Beretta SP 1 for a CX. I have shot the CX sparingly. Although I have not patterned it yet it seems to shoot a little high for sporting clays and probably a little better suited to trap. However, it is a solid gun, locks up tight and has a crisp trigger. It is a lot of gun for the money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

It is a substantial line.

http://randywakeman.com