ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gloves 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 am 
Crown Grade

Will gloves protect the case coloring hardening on the receivers on my old SxSs ? After paying 4-500 to get the receivers redone, I'd like to keep them looking nice but still shoot them. I also have a new Dickinson SxS with some real nice case coloring that's fun to shoot but not sure how long it's going to last. Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: gloves 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm 
Crown Grade

I have really acidic sweat, and wear gloves when shooting to protect the bluing, and case coloring. I think it works.

I don't think gloves protect from abrasion wear unless they're always clean.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Gloves and a coat of varnish will help, especially if your sweat is like painter's.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:31 am 
Crown Grade

I've got case colored SXS's I bought new that I've carried, shot clays and bird hunted with for over 15 years, always wearing gloves. I cannot detect any deterioration of the bluing or case colors on any of the guns I use.

If you have caustic hand sweat, CSMC sells a kit for maintaining case colored finishes that utilizes lacquer over the metal.

https://connecticutshotgun.co/case-colo ... ement-kit/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks for the replies. Paul