ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beginning Skeet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:24 am 
Utility Grade

I've bee shooting skeet for a few years now with various guns. I'd like to get more serious in the sport and I'd like to buy an entry level over/under 12ga shotgun with a price range under $2000.<br><br>Any ideas what I should buy and why? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Beginning Skeet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:07 pm 
Global Moderator

With your price range, any of the name brands will do the job, be it Ruger, Beretta, Browning, Franchi, or Fabarms. They all offer skeet set-ups. There are several in the lower end that are not bad as well.<br><br>You just need to decide what features that you want and then try several to see what fits you the best.<br><br>If possible head to the range and ask some of the folks there to shoot some of their guns, easy way to get an idea if you like the feel of a spliter fore end or a beaver tail.<br><br> <p>There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.</p><i></i>

~~There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness~~

"Women and Cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."--Robert A. Heinlein--

Post subject: What have you been using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:35 am 
Utility Grade

Since you've been doing skeet for a few years, what type of gun have you been using? You prefer autoloader or O/U? <br><br>I definitely agree with Rick, ask around the skeet fields, most skeet people I know would be more than happy to show off their gun gear, some will even let you try them out. <p></p><i></i>