ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What choke tubes??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:42 am 
Utility Grade

I will be shooting my first round of Sporting Clays this Sat. and would like to know what tubes you guys would recommend. I will be using a 12 gauge o/u. The only tubes I have at present are IC M F and two skeet tubes. Thanks in advance.<br>Dave <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: What choke tubes??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:21 am 
Field Grade

I usually use a skeet choke on the bottom and a mod choke on the top barrel. But that's just me. <p>"It's better to take you son hunting than to go hunting for your son."</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub141.ezboard.com/bshotgunworld.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pmmx>pmmx</A> at: 10/24/02 11:23:27 am<br></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:20 am 
Global Moderator

Depends on the course, some are set where an IC will do the whole thing and others you need to swap back and forth from skeet to full during the shoot. <br>Try not to get to caught up in the choke issue, just put in what you would normally hunt with, say IC and Mod and enjoy the challenge. Some shots will be obvious that they are real close and you can swap around, then there are those stations where there is a close bird/rabbit and a looong shot. With many courses there are optical effects, the black side of the target against blue sky or dark trees, varying sizes of clays, etc...<br><br>Just have fun and miss with the best of them! <p>There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.</p><i></i>

~~There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness~~

"Women and Cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."--Robert A. Heinlein--

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

I shoot a auto but i have an O/U and i shoot LM on top and M on bottom. <p>Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.</p><i></i>