ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hand Trap Thrower Question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am 
Utility Grade

Did the older metal jaw, spring loaded hand throwers work better than the new one piece red or orange plastic ones?

Were/are any brands better than others?

Post subject: Re: Hand Trap Thrower Question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll stick with my battery powered Throwers :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:58 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have both the new and old type. The old wood and metal ones are much easier to load a clay into but have a lot more weight to deal with if you're the thrower. The plastic ones are light as a feather but usually require a day of "breaking in" so you can load them without struggling to wedge the birds into them.

I guess if it came down to it, I'd prefer the plastic ones. I think mine are MTM brand, but I'm not sure. For extra fun, get one of the plastic ones with the extended golf-club-style handle.

The only thrower I'm disappointed with is a cheap string-activated spring-loaded thrower that sits on the ground. After using it once, it has been languishing in the basement. I should have ditched it at a yard sale.

Last edited by desmobob on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm 
Utility Grade

desmobob wrote:
I have both the new and old type. The old wood and metal ones are much easier to load a clay into but have a lot more weight to deal with if you're the thrower. The plastic ones are light as a feather but usually require a day of "breaking in" so you can load them without struggling to wedge the birds into them.

I guess if it came down to it, I'd prefer the plastic ones. I think mine are MTM brand, but I'm not sure. For extra fun, get one of the plastic ones with the extended glow-club-style handle.

The only thrower I'm disappointed with is a cheap string-activated spring-loaded thrower that sits on the ground. After using it once, it has been languishing in the basement. I should have ditched it at a yard sale.

Thank you.