ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Randolph ranger classic shooting glasses
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Anyone know where I can get a deal on these and what color lenses are recommended?

Post subject: Re: Randolph ranger classic shooting glasses
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Tom at Tx Shooter's Optical is great to deal with. As to colors, everyone's eyes are different, but if you tell him what your typical shooting scenery is like, he can make recommendations - and if you find a color isn't working, he'll swap them out for another color. Personally, I like their medium purple as a general all around for green background, partly cloudy skies and areas of shade where I shoot.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:50 am 
Tournament Grade

Check with Morgan Optical. They sell Rangers, including prescription. Great prices, great service. https://www.morganoptical.net/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oneounceload wrote:
Tom at Tx Shooter's Optical is great to deal with. As to colors, everyone's eyes are different,....

Couldn't agree more, I've been dealing with Tom for years and he is top notch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07 am 
Presentation Grade

When I bought my lenses the first question I was asked was, "How old are you?"

Because I was 65 I was told that I need lighter lenses to let more light in. On bright sunny days I wear medium purple. (Medium target orange would also work.) On overcast days I wear light target orange. When shooting at night, under the lights, I wear light yellow.

Randy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 am 
Field Grade

Listen to Dr Colo on Behind the Break podcast.