ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pilla lenses for colorblind...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

shadyscott69 wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
I was shooting today and found an unbroken orange target at one of the stations. I looked at it up close first with my vermillion lenses and then with no color filtration. The difference in color saturation and brightness was amazing. The vermillion lenses really made the target richly colored and contrasty relative to the background. But you already knew this.

Which lens do you have?

Still need to try before you buy if possible,Vermillion doesn't work for me and after a while my eyes start to hurt when I've tried them, just an FYI :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 pm 
Field Grade

LOL this is way harder than it should be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 pm 
Crown Grade

shadyscott69 wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
I was shooting today and found an unbroken orange target at one of the stations. I looked at it up close first with my vermillion lenses and then with no color filtration. The difference in color saturation and brightness was amazing. The vermillion lenses really made the target richly colored and contrasty relative to the background. But you already knew this.

Which lens do you have?

I use Wiley X Saber Advanced glasses. They only offer one vermillion lens model at 53% light transmission. The only thing lacking about this brand IMO is the smaller variety of lenses offered compared to Ranger and Pilla.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm 
Crown Grade

shadyscott69 wrote:
LOL this is way harder than it should be.

Give some of the larger Ranger dealers a call. They may send you some frames and lenses to try. Worst they can say is no.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Red/green color blindness is usually helped with lenses in the red-orange spectrum. Vermillion May also be beneficial. As others have correctly pointed out though, what color works best for clay targets is very personal, even for those with color deficiency issues.

Off the shelf, I’d suggest Ranger HD Dark, vermillion, or copper, in that order.

If you email me, I can send you some trial lenses to help with color selection.

Good luck and safe shooting.

PM or contact [email protected] for details

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:38 pm 
Presentation Grade

Trapperjohn01 wrote:
Red/green color blindness is usually helped with lenses in the red-orange spectrum. Vermillion May also be beneficial. As others have correctly pointed out though, what color works best for clay targets is very personal, even for those with color deficiency issues.

Off the shelf, I’d suggest Ranger HD Dark, vermillion, or copper, in that order.

If you email me, I can send you some trial lenses to help with color selection.

Good luck and safe shooting.

Trapper is a great guy, he sent me a couple of lens colors and I put a clay out in the yard and looked at it with the different lenses. It made the difference for me.