PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

Sera,
Thank You!
pk

Post subject: Re: A Tale of Three Hats
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm 
Crown Grade

PKW, when you going to put in a helice ring at STR? You'd get me to make that long drive more often!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Back in the day the National Gun Club had a columbaire ring and box birds. I remember it.
In fact, it was the free-spending cattle barons and oil men that bought the ground and built the clubhouse there. Did you ever wonder about the size and shape of that clubhouse?

It's not really good for a dammed thing ...except playing cards - and boy did they ever.

As a Lt/pilot from Del Rio, it was way over my paygrade.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
PKW, when you going to put in a helice ring at STR? You'd get me to make that long drive more often!

Hello Friend! We've missed you lately.

We're working on MANY things at STR: https://www.facebook.com/SouthernTacticalRange/

Getting ready for our Labor Day weekend two-day shoot: "SHOOT FOR PUNCHES!"

Nine or ten events (500 targets) spread over two days. Shoot either day and and as many events as you can stand! :lol: :lol:

Scoring Pro will have the shoot:
09.05.20 09.06.20 Shoot for Punches Southern Tactical Range Holt, FL

Hope to see you when you can make it!

pk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 am 
Crown Grade

I friend who once was a puller along with me at a local gun range went on to shoot international skeet for the ARMY back in the 60s. When he got out a rich man would back him for pigeon shoots. He said he'd get a plane ticket on Wednesday and take off on Friday, be picked up and taken care of all weekend, claiming he'd get so strung out knowing the guy was bettering up to 10,000 or more on a shot. Once shooting in Mexico, the columbaire got shot by a woman in the head and died. It made for a short shoot. Everyone just packed up and left. He made out pretty good for the couple of years he did it, got married and quit. His daughter was a state champ for a number of years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great historical story. I very much appreciate your effort.