ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voice Release Systems - Long Range vs BRB
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:58 am 
Tournament Grade

Both local clubs have the wired BRB systems and they work fine. I have used the Long Range system and it appears to be very well done.

BRB has a wireless voice system that somewhat less expensive than the Long Range system.

Does anyone have experience with the BRB wireless voice system? Is it suitable for personal use?

Post subject: Re: Voice Release Systems - Long Range vs BRB
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 pm 
Crown Grade

No experience with BRB, but don’t overlook EZ Pull. Great product, great service. I have a Long Range system laying on the shelf in the garage. EZ Pull blew it out of the water.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a voice activated BRB system for my personal trap. It was half the price of Long Range and works just as well. It has served me well so far. I have had no issues over the two years I’ve used it. And Bob, the owner, provides outstanding service.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Shed. Which model do you have? While I know the BRB is less expensive I cannot find a way to make it half as much.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I practice Sporting type targets here at home and the Long Range wireless/voice release works as I need for my shooting.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dave Holmes wrote:
No experience with BRB, but don’t overlook EZ Pull. Great product, great service. I have a Long Range system laying on the shelf in the garage. EZ Pull blew it out of the water.

Not trying to be a smart aleck here, but can you tell me in what respects the EZ Piull blew Long Range out of the water?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm 
Limited Edition

marshfield wrote:
Dave Holmes wrote:

Not trying to be a smart aleck here, but can you tell me in what respects the EZ Piull blew Long Range out of the water?

I am curious myself. I have used both a lot and would not chose EZ pull.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:42 pm 
Crown Grade

My friend and I both had LR systems. We both had problems with them retaining trap settings that werE programmed. We would occasionally be screaming in the mics trying to get them to work. Then there were the antennae’s getting broken. I got the EZ Pull first. When my friend saw how reliable it was- held programming , no dip switches, consistent and reliable VR, no antennas to break off when you bend over with it in a vest pocket, receivers that didn’t leak even in a soaking rain, longer range reliable release and heavier duty “boxes” for the electrical components- he bought one to. He gave His LR system away. Mine is still laying in the garage. I think I heard LR upgraded since I got mine. If that is the case, I have no experience with the latest system. I’ve had my EZ system since the World Fitasc at Caribou. I have been totally satisfied. I couldn’t get through an afternoon of shooting with the LR system without some degree of aggravation.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I got my LR set up a couple of years ago and has worked like a champ from the get go.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a BRB for my personal thrower and it works great.I lost an antenna once and they sent me a new one at no charge. Good service.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am 
Crown Grade

We have LR on two skeet fields and 12 SCs fields. Also the 5-stand programmable set up. Never had a problem with any of them. Dip switches work just fine. I'm not sure how you'd be able to program 13 different fields all with in range of any transmitter without dip switches of some sort. And mics are used three times a week without any problems. Just my take on LR.