ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HAWS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:11 am 
Limited Edition

I was leaving the range today after having a good time practicing with a new Citori CX. We have an Atlas 400 wobbler at the range...just one machine as we are a semi-private range associated with a very large (26,000+ mountain acres) HOA. Ennyways, shotgunning has been getting more and more popular with the members and I get a little pressed keeping it fun and challenging for them. The latest game has been Shotgun Bowling which is essentially wobble trap scored with bowling scoresheets. Two rounds in the gun, get the clay on the first round is a strike, on the second a spare, miss entirely it's a gutterball, etc. Every now and then a different-colored bird comes out and if it's broken on the first shot you get a prize.

I think it's time for a different challenge using crossing targets skeet-style but again, we only have the one machine. What to do? Answer, HAWS or Half-Ass (one machine) Wobble Skeet (self-explanatory). Set up with a long firing cord for a crossing target from one side or the other, vision barrier the machine, engage wobble and let 'er rip. Anyone do something like this?

Gonna try it out this weekend and see what happens. :twisted:

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

Post subject: Re: HAWS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 am 
Tournament Grade

We have 2 wobble traps on carts on our old 5 stand. One of them is at one end so we can throw wobble crossing targets. The other is in the center like a standard wobble setup. With the two of them we can throw wobble report pairs and also wobble true pairs, very challenging.

Our traps are wireless so it is easier for us to move them wherever we want. We can also put one down the hill and throw incomers. In your case with only one trap just move it around wherever it is practical and try different things.

Post subject: Re: HAWS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 am 
Limited Edition

This works well. So well that I got good-naturedly cussed by my regulars. :lol:
I went from thinking I was pretty good to "whatinell just happened?"

tp (back to practice)

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)