ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Autumn Gold Transition lenses
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 pm 
Field Grade

Are these still a thing?! Anyone using them? I’m driving myself crazy looking for the “perfect” shooting glasses and these peeked my interest.

Southpaw shooter

Post subject: Re: Autumn Gold Transition lenses
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:30 pm 
Crown Grade

A lot depends on your personal vision plus what backgrounds you normally encounter. Where I am, partially cloudy skies and green backgrounds mean using something different than when I lived out West with bright sunny skies and brown background.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:32 pm 
Field Grade

I wear bronze polarized sunglasses for everyday use. I can’t quite get used to vermillion. I like yellow but not when it’s bright out. I’m thinking an orangish tiny is what I need. These seemed like they may be the ticket. I read a bunch of older posts about the autumn gold and they seemed to get a lot of positive reviews. I am considering getting some prescription lenses or contacts too. I had lasik about 15 years ago and my eyes have started to change again.

Southpaw shooter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

We all process colors differently so if you find some hope they work for you :) Have you tried other shooters lenses in as many different colors as you can to "see" what works best for you?

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The original Autumn gold Trivex blanks were made by a small lens manufacture in the state of MN. This company was sold to a large manufacturer of blanks. The market share was too small for the new owners to maintain AG manufacturing.

My families optical lab was given the formula to create a similar transition and color. We marketed to shooters and sold thousands of shooting frames in AG's. The lab can still do Autumn Gold, but I'm retired for the second and final time. Doing a few for family and friends only.

Our lab makes trivex and polycarbonate lenses for Decot. I'm not sure, but beleive if requested they can have us make AG lenses to fit in there frame.

Maltz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 am 
Presentation Grade

maltzahn wrote:
The original Autumn gold Trivex blanks were made by a small lens manufacture in the state of MN. This company was sold to a large manufacturer of blanks. The market share was too small for the new owners to maintain AG manufacturing.

My families optical lab was given the formula to create a similar transition and color. We marketed to shooters and sold thousands of shooting frames in AG's. The lab can still do Autumn Gold, but I'm retired for the second and final time. Doing a few for family and friends only.

Our lab makes trivex and polycarbonate lenses for Decot. I'm not sure, but beleive if requested they can have us make AG lenses to fit in there frame.

Maltz

Please explain what transition means in this context. Are you talking about capital T Transition, i.e. photo sensitive lenses that darken in sunlight, or do you mean lenses that have a permanent transition in depth of shade from dark at the top to lighter at the bottom? Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:05 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the info Maltz! I read a lot of your posts from several years ago that said you were semi retired, I didn’t know if you still messed with them or not.

Southpaw shooter

Last edited by TrentJAX640 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 pm 
Field Grade

Auldthymer, the are capital T Transition lenses that are photochromic. I believe they were popular 7-8 years ago according to what I’ve read. I’d love to find a set for my Ranger Edge frames.

Southpaw shooter