ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do All Clay Cannon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I recently bought a Do All Clay Cannon hand held thrower. The issue I'm experiencing is that about 50% of the targets I've thrown break on release from the thrower. I've tried four different brands of clays and can only get about half the recommended tension on the spring adjustment knob, otherwise the breakages become unacceptable. I place the clays at the recommended position in the thrower and hold it as suggested in the information page.
Just wondering if anyone else has used this machine and what their experiences are? When it works, it throws a great target out to about 45-50 metres.

Post subject: Re: Do All Clay Cannon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 am 
Crown Grade

From their web site, I can't tell if the bird rest against the arm or if the arm has a piece of rubber on it. My Lincoln battery operated machines will throw a bird 80 or 90 yards and don't break em.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bladesmith, the target sits up against a raised hard plastic ridge which is part of the throwing arm, close to the pivot point of the arm. There are two circular stickers on the inside walls of the machine that indicate where the target should be positioned. The throwing arm has a sort of non slip thin adhesive strip attached to it.
I've since returned the Clay Cannon to my dealer for them to try it out themselves, waiting to hear back from them with their result. Thanks for your input.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:21 am 
Field Grade

I had one . It broke after throwing the second clay. Returned it for a refund. Seemed like a good idea at the time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I tried 3 different "Do All" battery throwers.The first took extensive work grinding and fitting, the second was suppose to throw doubles. That one was returned, no hope. The third took a little work but it was ok. I no longer have any of them I sold them at a big loss.
I now have an Atlas 50, it worked as advertised out of the box . The Do Alls were made in China. The welds and wiring was crude. The Atlas was U.S.made out of stainless steel, of course it cost more but worth it.
After I read the title I thought there was a new shotgun on the market :D