It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 390 o-rings?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:02 pm 
Just got a Beretta 390ST and didn't see any o-rings in the gas system. Does it have any? I shot 50 rounds through it Thur. nite seemed to work ok.
Thanks for your help,
jim

Post subject: Re: Beretta 390 o-rings?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There are no O-rings in the 390. Did you read your Owner's Manual? The exhaust valve controls the amount of (if any) gas that is exhausted to the outside and the amount that is retained to work the action.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:48 pm 
Yea, read the manual 3 or 4 times mite read it 3 or 4 more times.Didn't see anything about o-rings, don't really know how they work in systems that use them. Just new to this shooting game and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.Thanks again for your time. jim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Beretta uses a piston and spring system. You will see how it works when you take it down for cleaning which you should do from time to time. Certain powders and loads will tend to scoarch and gum up on it and the post. A wire brush will come in handy and course stell wool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

For cleaning your Beretta:

You'll want a generous quantity of Break Free on hand (no you needn't buy it by the gallon). The nice thing about break-free is it cleans and lubricates, and leaves enough protective deposits behind when it's dry that you don't need an oil product in many cases. To give you an idea, the military (At least when I was in) fired the M-16 thousands and thousands of times cleaning and lubricating ONLY with break-free.

Anyhow, take the system down, and clean it with a NON SCOURING pad. Please don't use steel wool. It's just not necessary. You can use a plain cloth if you let the break free sit long enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:03 pm 
Field Grade

--necro post--

So there are no o-rings in a Beretta 390? I have a 390, Made in Italy receiver and barrel, without the magazine cutoff lever/bolt lock/whatever I have to call it. Synthetic stock, 28"bbl, 12g.

I just got it and was cleaning it and an o-ring fell out. Best I can tell it went near the exhaust valve or valve spring. I also cannot find it on any diagram. So was it put these by the previous owner? Even incorrectly?

If it's not required, great. Just wondering where it came from, as I went slow to make sure I knew how it went back together and then still had a part I was unsure of, haha :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There are NO O-rings in the Beretta 390 gas system. Is the part that fell out of your gun metal or rubber? Is it completely flat or is it raised a little in the center.

If it's metal and somewhat raised in the center, then that is the plate that closes off the gas to the holes in the end of the gas cylinder. This metal plate goes on the outside of the gas cylinder and underneath the gas spring (a stout coil spring approximately 2.5" long). This plate will sometimes come separated from the gas spring, but that's no big deal. Just stick them back together.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:15 pm 
Field Grade

No, it's not raised in the middle, just a standard o-ring. The piece you reference is still connected to the 2.5" long spring. I guess it was put in by the previous owner, for whatever reason. I have not yet shot it, just got it home and did a deep clean.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm 
Utility Grade

No O-rings in a 390