It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What shotgun do you hunt with?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:34 am 
Field Grade

Starting with my grandfathers 1897 Winchester I too have gone through a few over the years.What I've settled on when birds are on the line are my 80s era 870 wingmaster 12 guage 28 inch with tubes for water fowl and my Browning Citori lightning 12 guage 28 inch for upland. As soon as I can scrape together the cash I'll get a 20 guage Lightning or White Lightning for quail or smaller upland birds, then I'll be all done buying guns. Yeah right!

Post subject: Re: What shotgun do you hunt with?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:25 am 
Field Grade

Took a Winchester model 1400 20 ga out yesterday. I have a number of shotguns but chose this one because; Light weight(Al reciever), plain barrel with SK choke and I was out for more of a walk/exercise thing. I am 76 Years old and have Type 2 diabetes. The gun really enjoyed the walk by the way and I never even saw a tweety bird so I didn't even waste a round or dirty the barrel.