Shotgun Forum banner

Spanish Shotgun

15K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  doppelflinten 
#1 ·
Dear Sirs. I have recently obtained a Spanish shotgun for which I am collecting information. The Manufacturer appears to be "Hijos de V. Aramberri" with serial number PP16488. The barrel has the Eibar proof marks, but I can not recognise the manufacturers proof mark. The "O" - proof indicates that the gun was manufactured in 1944. I am very grateful for any information regarding this manufacturer.
Yours sincerely Tormod Korpaas
Norway

#2 ·
Aramberri appears to be a small, quality, maker.... Not much to post yet.

Hijos means children so maybe it was made by his children or is a 'child' of aramberri?

Spain has/had many independent makers so its hard to find the specific history of each one.

#3 ·
Thank you. I found that Hijos de V. Aramberri is registrated as Victor Aramberri and Sons in the official gun-code list at:www.leds.state.or.us/resources/ncic_2000/gun_codes.pdf

I realize that gathering more information might be a difficult task sinze I currently recieved this message from the Spanish Gunmakers Association:

"Sorry to inform you that "Hijos de V. Aranberri" is one of the companies
that disappeared a long time ago. There are no files on it.
ASOCIACION ARMERA
Elena Pérez
Secretaria
www.a-armera.com "

Perhaps some collectors have some information, I will be watching this thread for a while anyway.
Yours Tormod korpås

G
#5 ·
I also am interested in any info on Aramberri shotguns. I recently purchased a 16 gauge SXS hammergun with very good shape. The receiver is case colored with game gird engravings on the sides and bottom. The barrels are choked full and full and measure 31 1/4". The barrels are stamped nitro proofed and I have shot the gun on a sporting clays course. It looks like it was well maintained and hardly seen any use.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

#6 ·
I recently bought a PEDERSON custom shotgun 12GA. double barrel **** SIDE BY SIDE MODEL 1500 **** yes I said MODEL 1500 (clearly stamped on side of barrel) It's a single trigger. On the right barrel on the right side it says custom made by ARAMBERRI of Spain.
I have been researching and trying to find information on this gun for sometime now, The only side by sides i find are model 2500 and the model 1500's are all over and under's. Yet this gun i have clear as day says Model 1500 stamped on it. any info on this gun value, when it was made, more history would be much appriciated. The gun is in 95% - 98% condition.

thank you
kyle

#8 ·
As Patriot has said, you may get better results posting your enquiry on the Spanish Gun forum.

FWIW, the Victor Aramberri guns that I have inspected were primarily utility to medium grade guns. During the 1970's, the firm
built SxS and O/U guns for the Pedersen Division of O.F. Mossberg Company in North Haven, CT., USA. The Model 1500 O/U featured a Boss/Perazzi type action and deserved greater recognition than it received. Aramberri also built the the Pederson Model 2500 which was a good but, nonetheless utility grade SxS for the American market. I suspect that Aramberri, like many other Basque gunmakers, built both price point guns and high quality guns depending upon the requirements of various distributors.

Aramberri also built and private labelled a SxS with vent rib and either double triggers or a single non-selective trigger for the American market which was marketed under the Star Gauge name by Interarms of Alexandria, Virginia, USA. during the 1970's.

It is my understanding that the Victor Aramberri firm was merged into the ill fated DiArm organization during the mid 1980's and died with it a few years later. If the Asociacion Armera were to search the records of DiArm, they may find information regarding the Victor Aramberri firm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.