It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: FAQ- ID & Value
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Anyone know the value of a Eastfield 916 made by S&W? Barrel is real nice but the stock is beat up a bit and someone took the original butt plate off and put a screw on rubber butt pad on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 am 
Utility Grade

HELP! Im lost, I have an old db shotgun the markings are as follows, t parker new york then on the barral it says, genuine armory steel & choke bored, then as far as a serial #I get a 4 then under that a 3832. Ive been trying forever to find out the date and some kind of a value on this shotgun. Can anyone out there help me out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 am 
Utility Grade

I recently inherited a W&C & Scott single barrel shotgun set up as a trap gun, and is breaking clays with it like I cant believe. I know tho company more for their SxS and now for over and unders. Can anyone give me more info on this value wise and if parts are readily available. It look like the side plates is some kind of aluminum alloy with some scroll and the name W&C Scott & Son on both sides. There is a serial no100988 just behind the finger guard. The barrel itself is stamped; W & C Scott & Sons makers 28 Shaftesbury Avenue London England

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am 
Utility Grade

Hello my name is Dan
I have a springfield J Stevens Arms Company sidexside 12gauge. I am looking to replace some of the internal parts and I don't know what model the gun is. The serial is F8780. Can any one tell me the model from the serial? And where do I find replacment parts? Thank you so much

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:38 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Winchester model 20 that was manufactured in 1919 it apears to be in unfired condition the wood and medal are outstanding. I have two questions did Winchester ever engrave the forearm on this model and what would be a true value on it. the shooters bible says in this condition about $1200.00.
one more thing, i have been told that these older .410 were only manufactured in 2 1/2 inch this one has a 3 inch chamber i have had so much missleading info and i hope to find some one here that can help me out !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a buddy that just showed me an old 1961 .410 Double Barrel, side by side Shotgun. I was only able to make "E Pheasant" and the Year 1961 on it. The hammers had ridges on the them like a pistol and there was a Pheasant engraved on the sides. Can anyone help me identify this gun? I have no idea what I'm even looking at other than what I have written here. Thanks, Jerry B. Hayes

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 am 
Utility Grade

I have a Winchester Model 1911 "Widow Maker" that is in what I would consider Excellent condition for it's age. It has U.S. Marshall Service stamped into the stock. Can anyone tell me what the value of this old shotgun would be? Thanking you in advance.

Post subject: How to ID the owner of a shotgun by the serial number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Transported my 12guage, 20guage and .20 handgun on a flight home only to find the 12 guage I got home with wasn't mine. After much investigation, it appears as if TSA had my cases open at the same time they were inspecting another gun. And while they weren't supposed to remove the guns from the cases, apparently they did and put the wrong 12 guages back in the wrong cases. So my case, my baggage claim - not my shot gun. I have a Remington 870, the gun I unpacked is a Mossberg 88. Is there any way to identify the owner of the gun by the serial number? I'm working through the system, but it's long, drawn out, and bureaucratic. If I can just call the other guy (who was standing behind me in line) and verify he has my shotgun, we can get this corrected quickly. Suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:27 am 
Utility Grade

hi good looking your site loving article nice posting i like this blog.

how do you smoke a electronic cigarette
where can i find electronic cigarettes
An electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco cigarettes. It provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized propylene glycol/nicotine solution. Clearette Electronic Cigarettes provide a flavor and physical sensation similar to tobacco cigarettes, but with out all the health risks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 am 
Utility Grade

very nice site good looking your site loving article nice posting i like this blog.

electronic cigarette
how do electronic cigarettes work
An electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco cigarettes. It provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized propylene glycol/nicotine solution. Clearette Electronic Cigarettes provide a flavor and physical sensation similar to tobacco cigarettes, but with out all the health risks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:13 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Winchester Model 11-48 28 Gauge that has been shot 4 times. I was wondering what it is worth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I just got a Browning 20 gauge auto and would like all the info I can get on it. The only numbers I can find are on the feeding ramp area. It says 1Z then below that is says 46447. What do I have and should I be using it or more of a hanger? It is fully functional!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:07 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi,
can anyone help me find the mfg.of and a fair price on a Herclues double barrell 12 gage shot gun
Hercules is the only name on the gun all parts have the same # X21485 stamped on them .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:33 pm 
Utility Grade

I own the 16 bore 5 shot browning shotgun featured by mr boothroyd in the UK shooting times of January 2 1980. His research with FN Belgium shows that it is one of two made for the liege exhibition in 1929 and was in both goering's then paton's collection. I have the letters. They confirm the history I had previously been led to believe. It is almost certainly the gun researched in 'history detectives'. it has never been fired. People believe its sister was sent to new York. It has the engraved iconic Diana hunting scene signed by f funken. what should I insure it for? the local firearms officer who coached me through making it legal after the Hungerford massacre changed uk law suggests £120,000 but I have to be sceptical. can you point me to resources for discovering more? According to 'history detectives', a man from Lewiston, new York believes he has this gun. perhaps he has its sister. any idea how to trace him? and the soldier who wrote the affidavit that he removed the gun from over goering's fireplace as he was arresting him? I look forward to hearing from you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:26 pm 
Utility Grade

Single barrel shotgun with an H&R buttplate. On the receiver it reads W P Wonder. On top of the barrel it reads 20 GA. CHOKE Serial number is A226851 Any help will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:25 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a sears roebuck ted williams 20 ga. semi-auto. vent with poly choke, model 75 (583.7500) late 60's mid 70's looking for what it might be worth...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:00 am 
Utility Grade

I have a A301 or A302 with gold trigger with 26 inch vent rib barrel with screw in choke tunes have improved, modified and full tunes in 90% good condition was wondering what it's worth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I inherited a 16 ga, 36" barrel, Long Tom shotgun from my father years ago. It has the markings 777 I on the left inside of the chamber and markings K 777 I on the bottom of the barrel. Can you tell who manufactured it and approximately when? I also need to locate a replacement firing pin.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:46 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a 8 gauge shot gun, black power, front stuffer.
Below the right hammer it says Macfarlane . Does anybody know the value of this gun?its in great shape.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm 
Utility Grade

I have recently received a shotgun originally owned by my grandfather. It is a single shot 12 gauge manufactured by Forehand Arms Co in Worchester, Mass. I am not concerned with value, only the manufacture date. The gun is in fairly good condition and has the serial number 101306. Can anyone give me the year of manufacture from the number' I understood it had to be prior to 1902 but I would like to narrow it down more if possible. Thanks for any possible assistance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next