Shotgun Forum banner

A.J. Aubrey and Meriden Fire Arms Information

87K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Huntschool 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
ihad an aubrey gun, loved it, was damascus, and believe me, it surporised many out in the field, i was killing pheasants at 50 plus yards with ease, with black powder 1 1/8 oz loads of #6 using 90 gr of 2f black powder in a 2 3/4" shotshell, i even harvested a doe with buckshot with it at 35 yrds, i kick my self for trading it off, but we all make mistakes,

#5 ·
Maybe the ad copy was right!?! :wink:

1908 Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalog
The Great A.J. Aubrey Gun: "The shooting qualities of these guns are unequaled for long distance killing, long range shooting, for penetration, pattern or target. Both barrels are full choke bore, so firmly constructed that unlike other guns, there is no recoil or kicking. That which in other guns goes into recoil in the A J Aubrey gun goes to give greater force to the shot."

#6 ·
I have run across a number of posts and information suggesting that most 2 3/4 shot shells will work in an older Damascus shotgun, such as mine(1909).
Your thoughts?

#24 ·
Picked up a Meridan action, plates and trigger assembly. I am looking for a set of barrels(pref fluid steel not Damascus), forend iron, and forend latch; as well as forend and buttstock wood. If anyone happens to have the parts laying around, it would be much appreciated to get my hands on them!
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.