Shotgun Forum banner

Ithaca double barrel shotgun inherited

627 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  creeker 
#1 ·
Serial#329574 hammer less / double trigger
30inch barrel, gold colored engraving by trigger guard
12 gauge
Stock looks like a different type of wood/ beech maybe
The serial# had to break the barrel open & they were under the barrels..not sure if that is unusual or not.

Looking for type or model, year...we checked out the website not sure what it is?
http://s191.beta.photobucket.com/user/tlasater/media/image.jpg.html

#2 ·
The gun is a Field Grade Flues Model Ithaca of 1920 vintage which has had the metal refinished and it was restocked in birdeye maple. On these guns the serial number was usually on the watertable, the barrel flats, the forearm iron, and in the forearm wood on the ridge that fits between the barrels foreward of the forearm iron. There is nothing that remains "factory original" about that gun.

#3 ·
Thanks for reply, no one in my family is around to give me a history of this gun. My dad was a huge gun collector and half the guns he had he didn't know the history, in your opinion do i have anything of value, Ian very impressed with your knowledge, wonder why it was refinished. The serial number was on the lower receiver and could only be seen be dropping the barrels. Thanks again, tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.