ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Super X 1 Trap
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently inherited this shotgun form my old man and want to clean out some space in the safe.

SN is 843XX and it has 2 different barrels.

1 is a 26in Improved and the other I believe is 30 in and says "Full Trap Choke"

The wood is beautiful and the inside of barrels looks brand new.

Any thoughts on value.

Post subject: Re: Winchester Super X 1 Trap
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

Worth is all about condition so post some pictures somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:41 pm 
Field Grade

Based on the serial number it most likely has a Stage One trigger and the barrel has the screw at the muzzle. Both of these features, if applicable, are a little less desirable than the Stage Three trigger and the non screw barrel.

If it has a plain receiver it is a field grade. Rolled engraving represents a target model. Wood and metal condition is extremely important. Check out Gunbroker for some guns similar to yours. Field grade guns with two barrels are worth $800-$1,000 depending features and condition.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

The market is pretty poor for old shotguns that are likely limited to a 2-3/4" chamber. The guns on Gunbroker at $800 and up have zero bids. A price without buyers is not a good indicator of a firearms value. I'd put it closer to $4-500 for the shotgun and an extra $150 for the extra barrel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:45 pm 
Field Grade

Hate to disagree, but there is a Super X on Gunbroker currently that is a field grade gun (plain receiver), plain (but nice wood), with a modified barrel AND a skeet barrel. Stage one trigger and both barrels have the screw at the muzzle. The current bid is $800 with five days to go. There have been 23 bids. Skeet barrels are rather hard to find and can command a price of $300. Other barrels not quite so much.

I just bought a Super X plain receiver with Stage Three trigger and a no screw barrel. Perfect (non fancy) wood. Bluing was 95% +. Came with a modified choke barrel. Purchase price was $550 plus shipping. Add in another barrel and you’re in the $700-$800 range for a nice, but not great, gun.

There were only 80,000+ of these guns made. There is a growing, somewhat cult, group of folks who are buying up these guns. The plain receiver guns are being purchased and then sent off to be engraved.

I have a friend who just purchased a receiver and stock/forearm and paid $700. He is building a gun and he already has a barrel.