ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinion on the values of Beretta Silver Snipe O/U
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello everyone! New member to the site, but have been a frequent reader for many months...I have over the last 6 months become addicted to skeet shooting, and have developed a love of shotguns. I have noticed a few Silver Snipes for sale at auction, and on Gunbroker. These are sweet looking shotguns! I recently decided to not bid on a 20 gauge Snipe at auction due to a 23% buyers premium. The Snipe sold for $750, but actually costs just south of $1,000. Do you think $960 for this gun was too much? I bid a max of $800 for a 12 gauge just yesterday and lost. I just seems that anything over the $800 threshold is a bit overpaying. Just wondered what your thoughts were on the Snipe and a fair price...

best to everyone...George

Post subject: Re: Opinion on the values of Beretta Silver Snipe O/U
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:28 pm 

Location: 35 miles from Normal, Illinois (as close to normal as I'll ever be)
I am a big fan of the Silver Snipe. Yes, I think $800 or more is overpriced. It is a very nice, featherweight, basic field gun, but certainly not an expensive gun.

FYI - I am currently in the market for a 20 ga with 26 in plain barrels choked IC/M. Also interested in parts guns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:47 pm 
Crown Grade

To me, that auction is a rip-off. I would look at other gun sales on websites. You can always check the references for the seller, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:38 pm 
Crown Grade

1) Welcome to SGW ! ! {hs#

2) BBGV states that a 20ga Silver Snipe is worth 50% more than a 12ga, in like condition.\

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:52 pm 
Utility Grade

I appreciate your input everyone....yeah, I have noticed that shotguns in basically any gauge but 12 get a higher premium at the time of sale, so the 20 gauge's extra book value does not surprise me. I love all the auctions, they are intoxicating to me, I am constantly looking, but yeah, the buyer premiums suck! If you are buying a gun that is a few hundred bucks I suppose it isn't that bad, but I did not want to give an auction house almost $200 for nothing. I was told by a few people that prices on Gunbroker can sometimes be inflated, but at least there isn't a buyer premium! Thanks everyone!

By the way, I have found Guns International and Guns America to be inferior sites to Gunbroker. What are your favorite sites to find good deals?

Looking forward to tomorrow, when I go to the range and blow through 100 rounds of skeet!

George

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:34 am 
Crown Grade

Go to the "CLASSIFIEDS" section on THIS web site (and other similar web sites). On this website, you can PM the seller for more info, or to negotiate. Generally, good honest prices are found, and Curly is the monitor on this site to make sure that the guns and sellers are legit.