It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Double Barrel 12 gauge value
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:38 pm 
Utility Grade

I have recently come into possession of a double barrel 12 gauge and am curious to know its value. I am not sure where to start looking so I hope to find some help here. I know that it is made in Spain and has some Damascus steel in the assembly. The barrel is regular steel though. The safety is located near where the release lever to load and unload is and is on top of the stock. The only id on the gun says the following: "MARIXA"
I.M.A. the rest is hard to read but i think it says Eirar Gisipuzcoa. I will attempt to answer any other questions about it but that is all there is on the gun. Thanks for your help!

Post subject: Re: Double Barrel 12 gauge value
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:05 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Marixa is a brand name. Your gun was probably made in Eibar,Spain.

I am curious about damacus steel being used in anything other than the barrels. Please, explain.

This type of gun can only be valued by an in hand inspection, one gun at a time. It may be worth from $150 to $2000 or more depending on design,quality and condition.