It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guy wants to trade Sig P229r for my 1187 premier?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Sig has had 150 rounds through it, is it worth the trade?

Post subject: Re: Guy wants to trade Sig P229r for my 1187 premier?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I wouldn't do it unless I really needed a handgun. Premiers are no longer made and are nice looking shotguns, unlike the Sportsman model now produced. Sigs are good handguns. You asked for opinions. I wouldn't trade my Premier for the pistol. Money wise it may be an even swap.

Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm with ev depending on the condition of the Premier.

You're probably in roughly the same price range if you've used the Remington a lot; if not, he should be bringing cash to the deal.

Look on some of the online sites for guns in the same condition; and look at several that have actually SOLD vs asking prices if you decide to do it.

You can buy a new 229 any day. And I like SIGS a lot generally.

Ask him how much he'd sell it for straight up also.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Unless it is old stock, you can't buy new Premiers anymore. You can find Sigs anytime. I'd want at least $100 to trade.

Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan