It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Information on fixed choke Skeet Citori 20 gauge requested
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

An older regular at the skeet shoots has offered me his fixed choke Citori 20 gauge skeet with a set of full length .410 Briley skeet tubes for a thousand bucks. He's owned it for decades, and like all of his other guns, it appears nearly unfired and might even have a box with it.

I've wanted a Citori 20 gauge for years, ever since I sold my hard kicking, nearly unshootable 20 gauge Upland Special to a nice man at a gun show, I hope I never see again.

But can anyone tell me about the fixed choke Citori skeet models? Are they scarce or worth any more than a regular old fixed choke Citori?

I'm tempted, but for not a lot more money I could buy a brand new Citori .410 and have what I really want.

Post subject: Re: Information on fixed choke Skeet Citori 20 gauge request
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Condition??? If the gun is in good shape, He has offered you a great deal. All based on the guns condition, the skeet citori is a good gun. You will love the 410 tubes. not having screw in chokes does make the gun worth less, but not by much. John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

Condition??? If the gun is in good shape, He has offered you a great deal. All based on the guns condition, the skeet citori is a good gun. You will love the 410 tubes. not having screw in chokes does make the gun worth less, but not by much. John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nothing wrong with the deal but if you would rather have the .410 gun...? You have to decide. Not much use for the fixed choke 20 gauge skeet gun except shooting skeet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a 20-gauge Citori skeet model from around 1980. I think it was the first year Browning put Invector chokes in them. It's not my favorite gun for much of anything except skeet. It has a blocky forearm and a high rib and the whole thing feels chunky. I often wish I'd bought a Lightning model instead of the skeet gun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The gun was a dissapointment.

It was in excellent shape, still stiff, and a 28" 20 gauge 1976 Standard Hunting model (code 163)with fixed chokes and 3 inch chambers, choked Skeet and Skeet, made 1982.

The engraving was sparse, the stock had very plain wood, and there was a huge curved aftermarket magnum trap pad on the end, too.

Then the .410 Briley tubes were to another gun, the top tube was loose, and it misfired on .410 due to inertia triggers not being reset.

I appreciated the chance to look, but that's not what I expected.