It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maxus forend play
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Another update:
The above 1/2 size felt pads eventually compressed and allowed about 1/32+ looseness side to side to return.
I increased their diameter to 3/4 of the pad size and that compressed to allow the same 1/32 looseness to return.
I tried trimming the top off a clear vinyl pad but that turned into a mess and the pad would not stay in place.
Now, I am using an entire full felt pad on each side to see if that will be better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

I found my forearm wood expanded outwards right at the rear when i pushed up on it because of the contour of the barrel against the sides of the thin wood. I put about a 3/8" dot of bedding epoxy right in the bottom of the metal bracket( epoxied in rear of forearm) let it level out, it`s about 1/16" thick maybe, there isn`t alot of room before it causes a problem when removing forearm. i ended up filing it down slightly. It tightened up nicely and no more flexing of the thin stock. Mine had no little pads at all, maybe they just stick them on the exceptionally sloppy ones?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OK, now I need to go home and check my daughter's Maxus. I have not noticed this issue with her fore end, but I'm sure I will now!

Consigliere of the Muller Mafia!
"There is not a target on this course that I cannot hit, and no target that I cannot miss.