It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lightning vs. Lightning Sporting Clays
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello Everybody,

This is my first real post here so let me introduce myself quickly as a new corrupted sporting clays addict. I'm a convert from rifle shooting; much less equipment, more social, and the targets explode when you hit 'em. What more is there?! I'm shooting a field gun right now and I'm trying to move into my first real sporting gun and I really like the Citori Lightning/Special Sporting Clays Editions. I have only shot the latter but only enough to know that I like the handling much better than my 3.5" hunter model.

My question to you all is this; at a recent gun show I shouldered a Lightning Sporting Clays Edition with 28" barrels. It felt significantly different than the Lightning field guns I've handled, and certainly different (lighter feeling, and better balanced) than mine.

How does a Lightning/White Lightning differ from a Lightning SCE? If I took a field model, put a mid bead on it and added a little more length to the stock with a spacer and pad, would I basically have the same thing? Not that I would I'm just curious.

Post subject: Re: Lightning vs. Lightning Sporting Clays
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 am 
Diamond Grade

Hi Ag and welcome {hs#

Yes, your Satin Hunter is heavier than both the field, and the SCE.

Some of the diff's in the field and the SCE are, ported bbl's, (I believe 26 to 30" bbl's available in the SCE), high vented rib versions, adjustable trigger position, (to modify LOP), different shaped triger shoes, and possibly some cast in the stock. I believe that most sporting guns have 2 3/4" chamber's, but I think the SCE has a 3".

Take care, and let us know which one you get :D