CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1904 Straight Stock A-5 and 1919 16 Gauge A-5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am 
Crown Grade

The original poster placed this in the "Timeline" thread, but I thought it deserved it's own:

Original Poster is SGTmaddox and he wrote:

Good evening to all,

I believe I should introduce myself first: I am 30 years old, I have been an avid hunter my entire life, and I just left active-duty in the US Army. I have been lurking in this forum for a few months gaining knowledge here and there and I decided it was time to join. I wanted my first post to have some substenance to it instead of the usual "hello" introduction. So last week I took the plunge and bought a Browning A-5 12 GA (my first Browning). Two days later, I bought a 16 GA A-5...both bought on Gunbroker. I want to say "THANKS" to "sauerfan"...if it were not for this topic he originally started, I would not have had the courage to purchase these two shotguns. Today the 12 GA A-5 arrived at my local gun shop and I just took some quick pics of it ( I will take pics and post them of the 16 GA A-5 when it arrive later this week). The serial number on the beauty is 9688...dating it to 1904 and thanks to "sauerfan", I belive it to be the "C" varaition. All numbers match and the forearm has the serial written on the inside. I have pics of this gun but unfortunately everytime I try to upload them they are too big or it says that the quota for pics have been reached. Anyone willing to let me email them these pics as a file...I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

David

We exchanged a few e-mails and got the photos up.

Regards, Slim

Last edited by Tijeras_Slim on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 1904 Straight Stock A-5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Presentation Grade

Tijeras_Slim wrote:
The original poster placed this in the "Timeline" thread, but I thought it deserved it's own:

Hi Tijeras_Slim,

good idea! Yes, I agree: this gun deserve it's own thread.

Regards

Martin

Post subject: Re: 1904 Straight Stock A-5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Here is SGTmaddox's new 1919 16 gauge A-5 and more pictures of the straight stock 1904.

Regards, Slim

Post subject: Re: 1904 Straight Stock A-5 and 1919 16 Gauge A-5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 pm 
Field Grade

I just wanted to let everyone know that after I started looking for a tang screw to put in my 1904 English stock ( said screw can be seen missing in pics), I took Tijeras_Slim's suggestion to give Art's Gun Shop a call. I called this past Monday and talked to Art personally, he said "Yeah I know I have a few lying around somewhere". These screws are not easy to come by since they are a different dimension than the later pistol grip stocks. Browning and Brownell's both could not produce a screw to fit...low and behold Art sent one out Monday and I received it today. Luckily my threads on the actual tang were not stripped and the screw worked just fine! Many thanks to Art for being the Browning A-5 guru that he is!

David