It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will a new model replace the 725 in 2019
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 am 
Limited Edition

Wondering how often Browning intoduces new models,ie 325,425,524,625 and current 725? Is there a pattern to it?

Post subject: Re: Will a new model replace the 725 in 2019
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 am 
Diamond Grade

Wouldn't surprise me if they came out with an 825 that had some slight almost imperceptible cosmetic change! Or at least some skillful hype to make us think there is change.

More power too them though. They gotta stay afloat in a competitive quest for our recreational dollars. We likes our toys!

Hopefully we've seen the last of their porting though!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:58 pm 
Field Grade

Grouse Gunner wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if they came out with an 825 that had some slight almost imperceptible cosmetic change! Or at least some skillful hype to make us think there is change.

More power too them though. They gotta stay afloat in a competitive quest for our recreational dollars. We likes our toys!

Hopefully we've seen the last of their porting though!

Have you heard something about them dumping porting ?

Post subject: Will a new model replace the 725 in 2019
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Quote:

Have you heard something about them dumping porting ?

I dislike porting, but aside from most folks on Shotgunworld, I swear everyone else I talk to thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread. Reduced recoil! Less muzzle jump! Cures the common cold!
I can only assume that Browning has read the American consumer and is giving them what they want. And the rest of us have to suck it up and buy more expensive limited additions without the porting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm 
Diamond Grade

If Browning does produce an 825 they aren't following any kind of consistent schedule. Browning came out with the 625 in 2008 and the 725 in 2011. So far the 725 has seen twice as much time in service as it's predecessor before the next model came out.

As far as porting, I could take it or leave it, doesn't bother me one bit. Back in the ole days (think late 80's to early 90's?)very few if any guns were ported from the factory and Browning might have been the first to start doing so, not sure. Back then most of the top guns had porting on their guns and it became a fad, so from that demand companies like Magna-Port, Ballistic Specialties, Briley etc.. saw the need and developed their own porting and business was booming. Now....it seems that porting has fallen out of favor for some.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:45 am 
Diamond Grade

DKW1...I was just being tongue in cheek on a slow morning...both about the porting and seemingly prolific new model introduction Browning has exhibited in the past.

For the record, I do in fact think porting is useless and is a fad pretty much proven so which has run it's course. Other manufacturers introduce slightly different or "new and improved" models pretty regularly too, not just Browning. But the 325, 425, 525, 725 progression just happened to be the topic of discussion.

If someone likes porting, some guns will probably be produced with them by several manufacturers for a while and there are lots on the used market and will be for a long, long, time.

To answer your question, no, I have not specifically heard that Browning has discontinued porting. However, that may indeed be the case. I have not perused their most recent catalog's complete offerings but several of their target guns that used to have porting as standard with no option to buy without them, are now the opposite I believe.

I am thinking about a 20 ga. Crossover myself, minus the porting of course. I would not buy any new gun with porting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm 
Field Grade

I saw the new 2018 catalog and they will be offering a 725 golden clays.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm 
Field Grade

Grouse Gunner wrote:
DKW1...I was just being tongue in cheek on a slow morning...both about the porting and seemingly prolific new model introduction Browning has exhibited in the past.

For the record, I do in fact think porting is useless and is a fad pretty much proven so which has run it's course. Other manufacturers introduce slightly different or "new and improved" models pretty regularly too, not just Browning. But the 325, 425, 525, 725 progression just happened to be the topic of discussion.

If someone likes porting, some guns will probably be produced with them by several manufacturers for a while and there are lots on the used market and will be for a long, long, time.

To answer your question, no, I have not specifically heard that Browning has discontinued porting. However, that may indeed be the case. I have not perused their most recent catalog's complete offerings but several of their target guns that used to have porting as standard with no option to buy without them, are now the opposite I believe.

I am thinking about a 20 ga. Crossover myself, minus the porting of course. I would not buy any new gun with porting.

I am considering the 20 Crossover myself, just have to get down to the club to get one in my hands. I always envied the British shooters and their Miroku line of shotguns. Tried to import a MK60 Gr5 20, but the cost was prohibitive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:31 am 
Crown Grade

DKW1 wrote:
I am considering the 20 Crossover myself, just have to get down to the club to get one in my hands. I always envied the British shooters and their Miroku line of shotguns. Tried to import a MK60 Gr5 20, but the cost was prohibitive.

Maybe you should give British Sporting Arms LDT a call if your interested in a MK60 Gr5 20 as they have one listed http://www.bsaltd.com/pages/GBB_MK60.htm